{1}

I don't know for how long I have been sitting here but it must have been for a while, otherwise my hands wouldn't feel so cold.
You can't really call it a cold evening. No, cold is a foreign word for Buenos Aires- but it is chill.

I am playing with a bottle top between my fingers. It belongs to a bottle that's almost empty.

I turn my head and look through that huge window behind me. I spot my friends in the crowd quickly. They are standing around a round table and converse animatedly. All of sudden they start to laugh about something that must have said Gastón.

My cousin Luna is leaning on her boyfriend Matteo and laughs. He wraps his arm around her waist. They don't see me. Well, which is probably because they are facing me with their backs. But Gastón gaze runs through the bar. His smile freezes when he spots me on the other side of the window. He nods, signaling me to come back inside. But I just shake my head slowly and turn away. A little later I hear the sound of my phone. A new massage from Gastón appears on the screen.

Everything alright? Come back, it says and for a brief moment I actually think about it. At least inside it it's warm.

I mean, I should enjoy this evening. It is my last day in Buenos Aires. Tomorrow I'd be back on my plane to Mexico and then I would not see my friends for a long time. Or who know if I will ever see them again.

But the reason why I am sitting outside is a different one: I hate goodbyes. I just can't do that. Especially, I cannot say goodbye to my friends. It hurts too much. And the more time I spend with my friends, the more I have to think about our farewell. The more I realize it. But here, outside this bar... I can ignore it. At least for a bit.
But more important: I can ignore that she didn't come. Well, at least now I know where we are standing in our relationship and how we will go on...

Suddenly a bell rings. The door opens and I can hear the babel of voices from inside. Automatically, I rise my head to check who walked out.
My gaze is stuck on a young woman next to me. She hasn't noticed my yet, but I -for my part, have noticed her even more.

Her blond hair falls loosely over her shoulders. She wears a black Cocktail dress with her back being exposed.
I feel overwhelmed by her appearance. She embodies beauty and strength. But her glow is not bright enough to fool me. She does not looks like as if she feels good.

Franticly she turns her side from left to right and mumbles curses. Eventually, she drops her shoulders and buries her face behind her hands.

"Rough night ?", I hear myself asking. I don't know why I started to talk to her but I just felt the need to do it.
She turns around to face me. I stop breathing for a second when I see her face. Her face is slender, her makeup underlines her fine high cheekbones and her shining blue eyes. I swear, I have never met a more beautiful woman in my life before. I am awestruck by her.

Her blue eyes attentively survey me. I literally feel her gaze all over my body. For a moment she doesn't answers. But then she takes a deep breath and says: "You name it."
Her eyes spot the bottle in fron t of me. "Are you still drinking this?"
I shake my head and hand her the bottle. A second later the bottle touches her lips and she is drinking the rest of the liquor.
She grimaces and hands back the bottle.

"Feeling better ?",I inquire.

"I feel better when you shut up.", she snapped suddenly. I raise my hands apologetically and turn away. Then I focus back on the bottle top in my hand.

"I just wanted to be nice. I mean, you finished my liquor. No reason to be so rude."
She scoffs.
"Thank you but your comments are the least thing that I need right now. You don't know me."