{3}

*please note that the music doesn't necessarily go with the text. With every chapter I post a song that inspired me while writing*

Delfí. Delfí is crazy enough to open her door at 2 A.M. Well, at least I think her name is Delfí. Frankly, I haven't listened to her when Ámbar introduced her.
I was too busy asking myself why Delfí looked as if she was about to go to work with her make up all done and dressed up perfectly, as if someone will  call her back in office any time.

"My Computer is upstairs. Just open it. You will find it right away." she said to Ámbar and shortly afterwards Ámbar left me behind with Delfí in the entrance hall. 
Delfí had offered me a drink and food, like a good hostess would do at 2 am in the morning, but I declined politely. 

Looking back, I do regret not accepting her offer. Because then she would be busy bringing me food instead of checking me out critically. I don't get it. Is ist some girl thing that every guy has to be scrutinized. 

"I didn't know that Ámbar has a new boyfriend.", she suddenly throws in. I am so in schock that I don't manage to speak a proper sentence before Delfí continues.

"But she seems happier with you. I mean, I haven't seen her as happy as you two stood in my doorway since a very long time."

I want to respond but again I am too late. Ámbar walkes down the stairs.

Oh God, that's not good. What if Delfí tells Ámbar about it and Ámbar thinks I am the one who planted this nonsense in her mind. I am a dead man. Seriously, I am doomed.

I manage a smile, trying to hide my nervousness. Ámbar pauses briefly in her movement, but so briefly that only her and I noticed. She seemed staggered but then smiles back.
Next she turns to her friend.

"Thanks, you literally saved my life. I mean it, I owe you something." She hugs Delfí and gives me an inviting look so when can head on.

But in the next moment, suddenly everything chances and I find myself being nothing else than a spectator of the scene. There is nothing I could haven't done to help or even prevent it.

I couldn't prevent it when Ámbars smile drops out of her face, stiffening and her aura fades to a faint grey. I didn't even know what is happening until Delfí handed the phone to Ámbar.
I haven't even heard it ringing. Delfí hand is shaking when she gives the phone to Ámbar. She places her hand carefully and very aware above the speaker, covering it up.

"He's been calling several times now. You have to talk to him."
I can read in Ámbars face how uncomfortable she feels. It makes wonder what person is responsible for that.
Ámbar grabs the phone, Delfí nodes towards a room, advising her to go in there. Ámbar follows. She takes the phone to hear ear and says:" Hey, babe."

Then she disappears in the room next door.
She leaves the door slightly open so that I can watch her walking up and down. I don't understand much of the conversation itself but it definitely does not sound very well.

Delfí shakes her head as she gazes towards Ámbar.
"He just can't give her a minute to breath, can he?" I know instantly that she is referring to Ámbars fiancé.

"Seriously, I cannot say how relieved I am that you two met."

Now or never, I say to myself. "Ámbar and I are not dating.", I finally clarify, "In a matter of fact, we just met a few hours ago and I am going back to Mexico tomorrow."

"Oh.", Delís says. The disappointment is clearly written all over her face. I don't know if I should feel flattered or not. "Well, yeah. I kinda figured that out when he called again. I was still holding onto the thought that she might has left that Benicio-jerkhead! But I was mistaken. It's a pity though that you two ain't dating. You two would make a great couple."