Chapter 2: Girls

*Dante's POV*
~4th Grade~

"Hey, Gene?" I looked up at my older brother, as we were walking to school. "Are you feeling okay? You haven't said anything at all, to me..."

"Yeah, I'm chill," Gene chuckled, flipping his black hair out of his face. "Like always."

"You're so cool and awesome, Gene!" I cheered, smiling wide. "And- and- you're so popular with all of the girls in your class! How'd you do it?! How'd ya get all of those girls to fall for you? Teach me your ways!"

"You really switched gears there didn't you, lil' bro?" Gene smiled at me, as I nodded my head proudly.

"I gots to know! It's super important!"

Gene shook his head at me, before laughing. Then, a petite girl, wearing a violet sundress, came running towards me and Gene. Her silver hair bobbing with each step, as she giggled. She was followed a smaller, brunette boy, with crimson eyes. The two of them excitedly ran over to my older brother, almost tackling him to the ground.

"Gene!" Both of them exclaimed at the same time.

"Hey, Sasha, Zenix," Gene chuckled, taking a moment to hug both of them, individually, after a group hug.

I found it a bit funny how two people from my grade ended up being close with my older brother, who was a grade above me. But, that's just because he's awesome! And...formidable (that's a vocab word I learned)!

I wish I could be just like him...

"Dante!" A squeaky voice called to me.

I spun around, seeing my best friend in the whole, wide world- Travis Valcrum- running up to me. He was a year younger than me, but we were still close. Despite being in seperate classes, we were almost always together.

But, as much as I love Travis as a bro, I do need more friends. He's all I got... But, the Garroth guy seemed pretty cool! And his sibling. Not the nerd one, but the more androgynous (big word! My teacher will be proud) one...

Vylad! Vylad was his name. He's the most adorable second grader I've ever met. Not that I've interacted with very many second graders. But, you get the idea.

"Hey, Trav, my man!" We did our top-secret handshake, chuckling. "Wassup, brother?"

"I-I'm good," Travis blushed, scratching the back of his silvery-head. "I was j-just waiting up for you, is all. Y-Yup. Heheh..."

"You okay, bro?"

"Yeah, yeah...I'm just...d-distracted," Travis grabbed my sleeve, pointing over at three girls entering through our Elementary school doors.

The first girl was blue-haired (like me!) girl, who I recognized as Katelyn, from my class. The other two I didn't recognize, but I figured they were a grade below me. One girl was a pink haired Meif'wa, that was really pretty. And the other was a cute red-head. Man, they were all so beautiful. Oh no. Does this mean I'm going to contract cooties?!

No, wait. I'm sure I'm fine. I think my brother told me that girls stop getting cooties after second grade. So, I should be fine.