Chapter 4 - Departing Shura

Sayaka's P.O.V
I felt pity for the poor girl. Her face lightened up so quickly as soon as she stepped out of the mansion. She was so hopeful. Perhaps Hyou would be able to distract Kaioh for a short while. Maybe not long enough for me to ensure she can safely depart this God forsaken land. I love Kaioh, with all my heart. But he is not fit to rule Shura. They say that the savior will come. Most say it's Raoh; The younger brother of Kaioh and I. However I have heard rumours of a man who has faced great sorrow throughout his life. A man who has truly mastered Hokuto Shinken. Maybe the prophecy was wrong.

Genora's P.O.V
Sayaka and I were close. Very close to the docks. I could see the boats from afar. Sayaka glanced at me with a heart warming smile. As we approached however, there were two big bulky men with spears standing in position, blocking off the entrance to the docks. Worry washed over me. I looked at Sayaka "Please, there has to be some way to get out of here! They'll listen to you, won't they? After all, you are the Majin's sister." Sayaka frowned. "I may be his sister, but that does not mean they take orders from me. They only take them directly from him. Besides, I never did give orders out to any of his guards so it would seem suspicious. I can try." Sayaka exhaled nervously and approached the guards in a polite manner. While she was talking to them, I decided to sneak past and get on to a boat. I untied it from its post as fast as I could and grabbed the oar. I paddled as fast as I could. I looked back quickly at Sayaka who was now being dragged off towards the castle by the guards. I felt terrible, but I would not let her sacrifice be in vain.

Juza's P.O.V
Just another day of bedding women, eating and sleeping. For most men in this age, it's paradise. But for me, it's a way to hide my true emotions of pain and sadness. Genora was one of my most trusted friends when we were young. I knew she fancied me; and I too felt the same. Sure, I would flirt with other girls just to tease her. I loved the way she reacted. Getting all fussy and not speaking to me. It made me laugh. It made me happy.

Me and Yuria were recovering from losing her. It blossomed a relationship between us but I recently discovered she was my half sister. I also knew she was in love with one of the Hokuto brothers. She started spending a lot of time there after we drifted apart. Even though I was with her. My heart always beckoned for Genora. Sometimes I wonder if she's even alive...

Genora's P.O.V
I felt sick to my stomach. Sayaka must be in danger. I knew Kaioh did not take betrayal lightly. Whether it be from his sister, or a common citizen. She would surely be punished for her actions. And Hyou...
I paddled slower now. I was tired and hungry. I should have packed some food. I knew there would be no land for a while. It could take days for me to arrive somewhere. And once I did, where would I go? I don't know anyone from the mainland let alone any safe places I could be. There are many bandits that travel in groups, preying on women, children, elderly and others who cannot defend themselves. I would just be another victim.
I paddled until my arms were raw and numb. I felt dizzy from the humidity. I eventually passed out from exhaustion. When I awoke it was already nightfall. I could see the bright white stars spread across the sky. The lights of the aurora borealis cascading down the dark night sky. I have not seen something quite as beautiful in a long time. It felt heavenly to finally be out in the open and free. I took out a canteen of water from my bag and took a swig. And stared up in awe.

Kaioh's P.O.V
I was overcome with rage when I discovered my wife to be was no longer in my custody. I sat down in my throne, ordered my men to collect taxes from the local villagers and kill them if they were unable. Sayaka approached me. "Brother, perhaps we should have a more lenient policy when it comes to collecting taxes. We know our economy is— "SILENCE!!" I shouted. "If I thought you would be a good leader for Shura I would have kept you in charge a long time ago. You have proven to me that you are not even worthy of babysitting a girl!" I continued. Sayaka hung her head down in shame as she walked away silently, not saying another word. I planned to send a small militia to the mainland in order to find her. It will be a difficult task;
but I will send my best trained soldiers.