P

CHAPTER FOUR—————

CHAPTER FOUR
—————

"WAKE up, jimin. it's time for your monthly check up." his noona greeted him, the blanket that once shielded his body from the cold night removed almost in an instant making his eyebrows knit together in disapproval. fingers and toes curling slightly as he feels the freezing air hit his skin.

with tired eyes, jimin woke up. a yawn leaving his lips as soon as noona grabbed his towel. handing it over to him and assisting the said boy to the bathroom to go take a shower.

after his quick bath, noona left him to go get ready. and as promised, she did come back with the usual wheelchair.

hesitantly, the pink haired boy sat on it, feeling more uncomfortable than ever as he shifts every now and then. slightly fidgeting out of nervousness when there's really nothing to be scared of.

patients who have a more serious condition gets their check ups everyday or sometimes, just weekly. in jimin's case, he believes that his condition isn't that bad. even though, he really has no idea what it is. the doctor who checked him up once said that his mind makes up things.

schizo— something something.

but when jimin told his friends about it the next day, hoseok interjected that he doesn't have such a thing. the main reason is that jimin really doesn't see things that aren't real. and so, the said boy believed that.

the two big doors opened, letting the pink headed lad in, who is, unfortunately, still on the wheelchair. eyes scanning the new revised room. last time he was in here, there wasn't a big ass portrait of mt. fuji.

"welcome back, jimin." oh it's a new doctor. "let's get you checked up real quick and you'll be good to go."

it wasn't a quick check up like he promised. when the doctor found out about his so called "sickness", the usual fifteen to thirty minutes check up turned to an hour. jimin just sat there. still on the wheelchair.

he doesn't have a disorder or anything like that. he should have left a few minutes ago. if anything, he shouldn't be in this goddamn hospital. the only thing stopping him from actually trying to escape this hellhole is his friends that he might leave behind once he leaves. including, yoongi. and jimin doesn't want that.

"jimin, do you know that you have schizophrenia?" mr. lee asks. (his name now revealed when a nurse walked in.) the called out boy then sighed.

"i don't have that sir. well, hoseok said i don't. he's an expert so i believe him."

"and who is this hoseok?"

"he is a friend of mine since forever, really. i don't know how he got here. as well as my other friends. but i'm glad they're here to keep me company." a smile adorns on his face and mr. lee nods, feeling a little bad for the kid present with him inside the closed room.

"when do you meet this hoseok?"

"i meet them during the afternoon before dinner at this one room where noona always takes me."

then silence. jimin felt nervous when there was nothing that uttered out of mr. lee's mouth. it was kind of reassuring in a way too, though. maybe, he'll realize that he's not a sick per—

"jimin." the doctor's gravely voice called him, making the hair all over jimin's body to stand up immediately. "you do have schizophrenia. those friends of yours don't exist. i'm sorry."

no. no, he can't be. h—he doesn't. right? right?

the boy with pink hair exited the room, face with an expression no one can decipher. the doctor is wrong. he is wrong. yes. yes. hoseok is right and those doctors are just trying to mess up his brain.

but once, jimin stepped inside their usual hang out place without spotting any of his friends. there was a pang in his chest that hurt so fucking much it makes him tear up a little.

"w—where are everyone else, noona?"

"you go here every afternoon alone, jimin."

— —

i honestly dont know anymore.
this was all planned out to be exactly 4
chapters but once i write it, i change it along
the way so now its longer. this should've
been shorter df  Σ( ̄。 ̄ノ)ノ