Chapter Three

The boy walked towards Negan the way an animal stalks its prey. He wrapped his arms around Negans neck and pulled him down, kissing him. Negan handed his bat off to someone who was covered in scars so he could wrap his arms around the boy and pull him closer. Negans hands tucked themselves in the back of his boys jeans, walking him back up against the front of the car. "Darling," Rick could hear Negans disgusting panting. He was old enough to be the kids father, he shouldn't be touching and kissing him. "Did you bring back some good stuff?"

"Mhm." The boy looked up at him before smiling. "Got a bag of weapons and some food..." He tilted his head to the side, pulling Negan back into another kiss. "And something extra special that you're gonna love." He untangled himself from Negans arms and walked around the truck, climbing up and pulling the passenger door open. He climbed into Ricks lap, pulling his knife out and cutting through the rope. He leaned down towards Rick, curling his fingers around his throat. "Do as he says, speak when spoken to, and remember... I am much more forgiving than he is." With that the boy climbed out, grabbing Rick by his arm, yanking him out onto the ground.

Rick hit the ground with a thud, his wrists getting cut by the metal handcuffs. He had been wearing them for hours and it felt like as time passed the tighter they got. Gravel was digging into his knees, his body folding over on itself. Rick made sure to keep his head down, studying the sharp shape of each rock. He wasn't in the position to be picking fights or disobeying. He didn't have any weapons and he didn't know where to run if he managed to get out. Being submissive is better than fighting back, sometimes, because when you're submissive you give them a false sense of security. They may end up believing you're a broken little thing that needs to be controlled. Something told Rick Negan wasn't going to be falling for any of that any time soon.

"Be careful," Negan whispered, walking around Rick, circling him like a shark. "You know how much I hate bruised goods." His boots clicked against the gravel with each step he took. "He seems old... broken... why did you pick this one?" Negan had a type. Desperate. In need. He loved when they would beg for salvation and then once Negan would give it they would be beyond grateful. In a heart beat, his broken little sinners would do anything for him. Hunt. Kill. Protect. Whatever Negan needed they would do. Without knowing it, Negan made them strong little soldiers who knew how to take orders and fight until they either won or died.

"He was alone." The boy explained, leaning back against the front of the truck. He had his arms crossed over his chest, watching Rick. "I found him at the gas station. He made his car dirty so it would blend in, which was smart, but I'm smarter. He was just finding food and when I got on and had him cornered, he did everything I asked. Not once did he try to fight. And he had a gun and a knife. That was... more proof that he was smart. He did keep rambling on and on about how I was attacking an innocent, but other than that he seemed really good."

"Are you saving the best for last?" Without missing a beat, Negan took the bat from the man with the scars all across his face. The bat was covered in dried blood and only hovered and inch or two away from Ricks face. "Or did you just know that I missed having a punching bag?" Negan looked down at him and tuvked the edge of the bat beneath Ricks chin, slowly tilting it up. "Sit up..." Negan whispered, licking his lips. "Good boy. Stay kneeling and don't go back on your knees. Taking a break is earned."

"He's been alone since the beginning. When we first got in the car I asked him if be had family. He said he did, but none that were alive." The boy covered his face so Rick couldn't see his mouth moving. "Lost his boy and his wife." He whispered before dropping his hand. "He said he hopped from camp to camp but never stayed longer than a week and always helped out. Protected the camp. Went out scavenging and hunting. Always pulled his weight." The boy looked at Rick. "At first I didn't want to believe him, but when I checked the car there was nothing. Literally. Just clothing and a few cans of food... and... I think he's telling the truth."