030 [final]

i'm incredibly nervous right now. my hands are shaking.
i'm so scared. you're going to hate me.

-h

yoongi frowned at the note in his hand. it upset him that the angel who had been writing these endearing notes for him thought he would reject them.

he folded and slipped the note inside his front pocket and gathered the last few things he needed from his locker. he slung his bag over his shoulder and began making his way out from the school's entrance. instead of filing behind the mass of students heading towards the buses or their cars, he turned and started walking to the back of the building.

in the near distance he could see the small hill topped with the cherry blossom tree famous for confessions and break ups. he could see a silhouette leaning against the aged wood of the trunk facing away from his direction.

he ambled towards the hill and made his way up the small slope, then stopped a few feet in front of the person now in clear focus.

"hoseok?"

the person slowly turned around and both boys' eyes met. one pair wide with shock, and the other with a glint of nerves and a thin film of unshed tears.

"h-hi, yoongi-hyung."

hoseok's shaking hands and nervous breaths were far from unnoticeable. he took a small step forward and his eyes fell to his feet.

"b-before you say anything," he took a deep, calming breath then continued, "i know you're going to hate me after this, but i have to confess. i can't just ignore these feelings anymore. i love you, yoongi," he breathed and lifted his teary eyes.

yoongi couldn't speak. he didn't know how to respond. hoseok, his best friend since early childhood, just confessed his feelings for him. how was he unaware of this?

"i realized i loved you a long time ago. you always make me feel so cared for. you were always there for me through everything, good or bad. you've always been right there when i need you, ready to comfort me. i always looked up to you hyung. but, a few years ago was when i realized it was more than just admiration; it was love. i'd fallen in love with you," hoseok crossed his arms over his chest and hugged himself tightly. he knew yoongi wouldn't return these feelings.

"h-hoseok, i... i'm not sure what to say. i never imagined this would happen. w-why... why do you think i would hate you?" yoongi took another step forward and furrowed his eyebrows.

"because i like boys a-and you like girls. i'm disgusting," the tears now started to spill from hoseok's eyes and down his cheeks.

yoongi cupped his face with both hands and wiped the tears away, "no, hoseok, no. you're not disgusting," he stated staring into hoseok's teary eyes.

"i-i'm not?"

"no, hoseok, you're not. you said i've always made you feel cared for, but you do the same for me. honestly , i've always deeply admired you as well, hoseok; you're so selfless, and caring, truly one of the brightest people i've ever met. these notes you've been writing for me have been making me feel so loved and appreciated. now, it's my turn to do the same," yoongi stated.

slowly, yoongi started to lean in towards the other boy. hoseok's eyes went wide when he processed what was happening. before he knew it, yoongi had closed the gap between them and their lips were connected.

hoseok's eyes fluttered closed as he responded to the kiss. he wrapped his fingers around yoongi's wrists and leaned in to the long awaited embrace. yoongi's kiss was everything and more than what the younger had imagined.

his movements were soft and sweet. his slightly chapped lips felt warm against his own. they moved perfectly in sync with one another; like they were made for each other, made for this exact moment.

hoseok couldn't tell which was more out of control, the butterflies in his stomach, or his heart beating so rapidly inside his chest he was sure the other boy could hear it. yoongi finally pulled away from hoseok's pink lips with a small smile gracing his features.

"i love you too, hoseok."