Extra: Glossary & Fun Facts

Above art: Human Deel by JaxCreation

This is exactly how I imagined him.

===================

Glossary of Words:

Feigat = The F-word equivalent in modern Kathulan language.

Femáli = Ancient Kathulan language meaning "female".

Heizak = Pinti's made-up swear word to replace all swear words to ever exist.

Halfmanoa = Ancient Kathulan term for "Halfhuman"

Huamanoa = Ancient Kathulan term for "Human".

Pfft = It's a hiss made into a swear word. Better than using feigat. Considered modern Kathulan language.

Poocha = Modern Kathulan for "dear little one" or "my little one".

Ro = Ancient Kathulan for "hello" or "hey".

Saboteur = When Edglings oppress Kathula, one Edgling is assigned to a Kathula family to threaten/oppress. That Edgling is then that Kathula family's Saboteur.

Saffornalélí = Ancient Kathulan. What a Shamala-in-training is called as a title of respect from the clan.

Shamala = The female version of a Shaman. The eldest child of the leader will succeed the leader when they retire. The leader is not always a Shaman. It can be a female leader as well.

===================

If you are a language junkie and want to know more about the difference between modern and ancient Kathulan, please check out my website "Foxwood Forest" found through a link in my bio :)

===================

Places to Note:

(in order of appearance)

Makiista Clan grounds: Pinti's clan's grounds are surrounded by forests and they use the forests to hunt for food. Pinti meets Kalis.

Bairenshire City: A walled-in city under a dome to prevent sand from coming in. The largest, and most modern, Human city in the First Ring. Pinti spends two years here from fourteen to sixteen under guidance and control of Kalis.

Yargrelid: Human town in the First Ring. Despite being a dusty desert town, the town head is a clean freak that makes people have Cleaning Day a lot to make sure the orange sand doesn't permanently damage the pristine white houses.

Nuaka: A dusty, rustic town in the First Ring. Humans and reptilian Halfhumans live here. Pinti meets Deel.

Syaraize City: An interracial city with considerable amount of traffic. Situated right next to the First Ring's portal which confuses the time within the city. Day goes by quickly and night can be long depending on portal activity. Portal Station exists here. Pinti meets Lai-ikolo and Galag Gorn.

Ulk Pyne: A bubble of space created by Galag Gorn. It's existence crosses over the First to Fourth Rings. Pinti meets Lalina and reunites with her Saboteur whom she had not seen in two years.

The Forest Crup: A bubble of a world attached to the Fourth Ring. Crazy creatures live here. Pinti meets a trapped Edgling called Nakiila and has a fight with Deel.

===================

Fun Facts:

Fun Fact 1: The origins of this story date back to 2012. First wrote it in 2016 as part of "National Novel Writing Month".

Fun Fact 2: When I first came up with Pinti, it was around 2012 and she was an only child like me ;) Only child readers, raise your hand! :D

Fun Fact 3: Ulk Pyne was originally called Ulk Plun and it was supposed to be a very dark and grim place ;) The only reason it's not Plun is purely because I forgot what my original name idea was XD