f o r t y - t h r e e

{ IRL } :>

mickey danced slowly around cheryl's bedroom to the soft music that was playing as she looked over in the mirror, staring at most... or all of her tattoos.

cheryl lifts her eyes from her nail filer and faced her girlfriend with admiration. her heart flutters in her chest as she watched the brown girl sway her hips and body softly to the rhythm. how she mouthed the lyrics to herself.

"oh, my dearest, mickey mouse..."

mickey chuckled underneath her breath and turned around to face cheryl.

"when you say it like that, it makes you sound like the queen of england..." mickey teased.

cheryl laughs with her with a roll of her chocolate eyes. "i just wanted to say..." cheryl sighs. "thank you for giving us a second chance. you must believe me when i say i love you, micks."

the corner of mickey's lips lift upward into a half smile. "i love you, cheryl. always have." mickey pushes herself from cheryl's polished wooden dresser and met on her bed with cheryl.

mickey let out the smallest laugh as she had gotten on her hands and knees and crawled over the redhead's silk sheet. she leaned forward to her pale body and pressed her lips onto cheryl's glossed and painted one.

it was like the first time they had ever done this again. cheryl has always felt her heart pound around mickey, she's almost gotten used to it now. but mickey was the only person to ever do this to her. she made her feel... loved.

and cheryl made mickey feel wanted. cared for. accepted. and she loved cheryl for that. for being the first person to look past the tattoos, the scars, the places she'd grown up in. and just love her for who she is.

cheryl's cold fingers cupped one side of mickey's face as she slowly pulled away.

cheryl laughed quietly to herself and let the pad of her thumb slide over her bottom lip. "your lips will be stained."

"by now i'm used to it." mickey shrugged, which led cheryl to laugh yet again.