The beginning

I wake up just in time to get dressed up for work. A new job, new me. I did my normal morning routine. 1. Take a shower 2. Get dressed 3. Do my make up 4. Eat breakfast. To me it felt like just an ordinary day, even though I knew I was going to be meeting my new boss and my new co workers today as I am going to meet my new job.

I finally arrived at work about 3 minutes early. I was waiting in the main office, waiting for the boss. I was sitting just waiting patiently on my phone trying to text my boyfriend yet he is still busy, no reply back. I decided to just to listen to songs. I put on my earphones listening to a Shawn Mendes song 'Never be alone'.

As soon as I saw a man in a black suit with a blue tie with shades on, I immediately put away my earphones and my phone and started to fidget with my clothes to make myself look decent. He was walking fast to the main office's desk and asking the elegant lady for something. The lady pointed at me, I was confused for a little then I realized that, that man who was in a black suit with a blue tie and with shades on is the boss. I stood up as he was coming towards me.

"Hello Ms. Clark." the man in black continued. "I'm Mr. Thompson. The owner of this Windsor Architect Logistics. I saw resume and I loved it and decided for you to be my new Secretary. Your part of the office will be at the top floor to see it follow me." He smirked.

"Okay." We both went to the elevator. He clicked on the 17th floor. He took of his shades as if he was shooting a fashion shoot. As he slowly takes of his shades, I slowly saw his face and I slowly realized that he was pretty cute.

"You look familiar." I said, he looked like my old classmate in high school who would always annoy me about his dirty ways.

"I get that a lot, you probably just have seen me on the TV once or twice or maybe on the newsletter."

We finally arrived the 17th floor. Once we arrived I saw this amazing view, I just wanted to run to it and take pictures of it, however I can do that another day.

"Okay here is your desk. The rules are.." He handed me a key. "Number 1. You can only use this key when I tell you to, this key is an access key for my office. You can not use it unless I tell you to. Understood?''

"Yes, sir." I mumbled

"What was that?"

"Yes sir!"

"Rule number 2. No guests unless you ask me and I say yes. Number 3. You will always need to have your ears open because any time I could call you. Number 4. You will be having separate lunch than me, whenever it's my break, you can not go on a break. Number 5. Don't call me Mr. Thompson, I rather be called Joseph."

"Okay." Even his name matches the guy who use to annoy me during class. It was probably a coincidence.

"Now brew me a strong coffee ASAP!"

I started to walk away to look for the kitchen or the coffee maker to make my special Coffee.

Joseph's POV

She still seems beautiful like in high school. I still want her to be mine. I wonder if he is still with Jacob. The stupid things I said to her. Oh I was the most popular guy in school and I was scared to just ask her out. I should've asked her out before Jacob did. I wonder if she ever had feelings for me. I thought to myself.

She knocked on the glass door. I waved to her to come in. As she walked in I looked at her and fell for her again. Whenever I look at her it reminds me of why I love her. Once I remember why I love her. I realize that she probably is still with Jacob.

"This may be a really weird question but do you have a boyfriend.. You don't have to ask so soon but I was curious since we will be working together a lot. I want to know my boundaries." I said nervously, probably already knowing the answer but I still decided to ask.

"Oh I do have a boyfriend his name is Jacob, he works here too. On the 8th floor."

"Oh he does? That's nice."

Hearing those words and processing them in my mind hurts my heart. I don't know why I still like her. She will never be mine anyways.