A REGULAR SUNDAY

Negative thoughts could only ever lead to a self fulfilling prophecy. 

SCOTT'S P.O.V

"U-uh" Mia said in a clipped tone, standing at my door and giving me a once over. "This won't do at all." Yeah, hell if I knew what she was talking about.

I raised an eyebrow in response.

"Your clothes." She pointed specifically at my white tee. "They're too casual."

God, we hadn't even left yet and this was hard already. This girl had shown up at an ungodly hour of four p.m. on a goddamn Sunday, while I was having my much needed rest - staying up all night and going into a thinking marathon about past two days can do that to you - knocking at the door annoyingly and demanding me to 'get ready and get going'. It wasn't like I had any idea of where we were going, or to do what for that matter, but I'd figured we'd be doing some physical labour. What else could she need me for?

So I'd put on a comfortable pair of blue jeans and a simple white tee, but now here I was, being demanded to change clothes again. I went back inside, keeping the door open for her to come in, a silent invitation. I would've argued about why she hadn't told me what to wear earlier, but really, where was that going to get me. I had to spend - from what I guessed - quite a while with her in the near future, might as well be on good terms. Or better-than-before terms, whatever is feasible.

It wasn't until I returned in a pair of expensive black jeans and a dress shirt that I noticed Mia was still standing at the open doorway, back against the frame and tapping her foot in a sign of slight nervousness. The sight wasn't unpleasant, just different and I didn't know if I should be scared at the thought.

"This good?" I asked, gesturing at the the new set of clothes.

She gave a breif nod. "You ready?" I was surprised she even asked.

"Let's just go." I said instead of answering. I could've said yes, but then I'd be lying, frankly. I mean, I didn't know where I was going yet and I was scared, absence of such crucial information can be food for fear.

"Where are we going?" I asked while exhaling thickly. I'd thought Mia had been picking on me by not telling where we were headed, trying to test my patience till I finally crack and ask her. That was also precisely why I hadn't asked before, but by the time we were exiting the main gates the suspense was getting too much.

"Oh" she said looking back, "We're going to Grand Cross." She seemed to only now remember that she hadn't told me earlier, but I couldn't be sure if she'd actually forgotten or was just enjoying my misery.

I'd been to Grand Cross before, mostly for meeting girls my father had set me up with. The place didn't really bring any good memories, but it didn't bring any bad ones either, except that one time when I got splashed with wine by a 'set up date'. Red wine people, I threw away a nice shirt that day.

The point though, was that the place was expensive and not the family dinner kind really. A formal date or business meeting would be more accurate. I didn't ask any further. This shit was getting more and more dangerous and I'd rather delude myself as long as I could.

It was when we took the street to the bus stop that I halted my movement, I'd thought we'd be taking her car or something. "You don't know how to drive?" I asked and she turned around to look at me.

"I do." She replied simply.

"So then, why aren't we taking your car?" Mia should consider explaining more, I had to ask her to elaborate every single thing, every single time.