Ch. 1

I pulled my now bloody fingers away from my nose. I rolled eyes as I stood, dusting myself off. I turned towards the red convertible that was coming back down the street in reverse. I picked up my old rusty bike. I sat back on the seat, balancing to one side.

The convertible came to stop in front of me. Paige Lawson smiled at me. Chris Edwards sat in the passenger seat. He was looking down, trying to avoid my eyes.

I glared at Paige. She just smiled back. "You should really be more careful (Y/N). Wouldn't want to have to apply for food stamps just because your clumsiness led to unnecessary hospital bills."

I smirked. "Just wait Paige. It'll all come back for you. Everything you've done to make my life miserable will come back tenfold."

She rolled her eyes. "You're such a freak."

I chuckled, "Yeah. And you're a fucking bitch. But no one ever seems to point that out, do they?"

She growled, unbuckling her seatbelt and going to open the car door. However, Chris pulled her back and whispered to her. She seemed to calm down. She glared at me one last time before revving the engine and speeding off down the street.

I rolled my eyes and started pedaling towards the school.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walked into Mr. Butler's class very late. Late as in, there were only seven minutes left. I ignored everyone's stares and took my seat in the very back behind Becca Vaughn. I couldn't say I particularly enjoyed the girl's company, but we've been next door neighbors since we were born- tying me to her. She was the only person in this whole town that I could even consider calling a "friend".

She turned around in her seat, tissue in hand. I gave her a weird look. She frowned, "Your nose. It's bleeding. Again."

This caught the attention of the boy sitting next to her. I stared at him. I didn't recognize his face. He noticed my stare and gave me a forced smile. "Lucas Ward. I'm a new transfer student. You are?"

Just then Paige walked into the classroom, a smirk on her face. Chris had calmed her for that moment on the street. However, the moment I walked through the main doors of the school, I was yanked into a janitor's closet by my hair. Paige just wanted to talk- to make sure I knew my place. However, I can never keep my mouth shut.

I returned my attention to Lucas and rolled my eyes, "I'm a human punching bag apparently."

Becca seethed in her seat, "God, that bitch. What does she have against you anyways?"

I was about to respond but Lucas beat me to it. "She's obviously jealous."

I actually snorted at that. "Jealous? Of me? "

Lucas frowned, "You are obviously more beautiful than her. She can only dream of having a face as lovely as yours."

That made me pause, but only for a moment. I smirked at him. "You think I'm pretty?"

He looked me dead in the eye. "Most certainly."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~