Ch.5

"Lucas, the sun is going to be coming up soon! Can you go any faster?" I whispered.

He looked up from the tire, smirking. "You always want me to go faster? Don't you (Y/N)?"

My face flushed and I smacked his shoulder, "Oh hush!"

He chuckled lightly, continuing his work on Mr. Butler's car. After a few more silent moments, I heard the sound of air screaming as it came out of the tire. I smirked.

Lucas stood up, and I grabbed his face- kissing him hard. I pulled away and smiled, "You're absolutely perfect Lucas Ward."

He pecked my lips lightly, smirking. "That's my line."

We broke apart when we heard a siren close by. We rushed to our car- ducking low into the seats. A cop car flew past us. We both let out a sigh of relief. Lucas started the car, slowly driving through the streets back to his house.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I smirked as Mr. Butler walked through the door, panting like he'd just run a marathon. I leaned forward in my seat, waiting for Lucas to say something.

"Are you alright Mr. Butler? We were starting to worry about you-" Lucas started.

Mr. Butler nodded, "Yeah, yeah, um- I was just up all night working on an application to be a college professor. I'm actually dropping it off today so..."

Becca whipped around in her seat, facing me. "He's leaving?"

I saw the slightest bit of a tear start to form. I internally rolled my eyes. I couldn't get over the fact that the 'man of her dreams' was a middle aged, slightly overweight, high school english teacher. I made me reconsider all the advice I had ever received from her.

I shook my head, "Well-"

I saw Lucas out of the corner of my eye. That look...

I refocused on Becca, "You know what? You should tell him how you feel. You have to before it's too late. I see the way he looks at you. He's just running away from his feeling- you can't let him slip through your fingers so easily Becca! Lucas and I will help you, if you want?"

I glanced at Lucas. An approving smile hovered on his lips. I felt a fuzzy feeling in my chest, just knowing that he was proud with me. I looked back to Becca.

She smiled and nodded. "Yes! Thanks (Y/N), you're the best!"

We all returned our attention to the board when Mr. Butler announced that we were starting class. I tried to keep the smirk off my face as I watched him pick up a black expo marker. I looked at Lucas and just admired his face. He smirked as Mr. Butler now realized that three of his markers did not work.

I didn't pay attention to what was happening around me in the moment. I just stared at Lucas and thought, 'God. I'm so lucky..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok, so here's the thing. I work at a summer camp from sunday to friday every week. That's why I haven't been updating and I'm so sorry. I'm planning on writing two or three more chapters tonight and posting them, so don't be freaked out that it's a short chapter lol. SO SO SORRY ITS BEEN FOREVER FORGIVE MEEEEEEEE.

:)

-Kit