Ch.6

Lucas and I chuckled lightly as we watched Mr. Butler awkwardly walk through the sea of students to an empty table. He just stared at it for a bit before finally taking a bite, only to gag.

Lucas and I lost it at that point, laughing hysterically. I slapped my knee and leaned back, only to find myself falling backwards off the edge of the roof. I let out a shrill scream before I felt arms wrap around my waist and I was pulled into a warm chest. Lucas.

I gripped his shirt and chuckled lightly as I breathed heavily into his shirt. His grip never loosened once. We just sat there, in comfortable silence- ignoring the fact that I nearly fell to my death.

Suddenly an awkward cough made us snap into reality. It was Becca. I glared slightly, angered that she ruined the moment. I think Lucas sensed my irritation because he placed his hand on my thigh, and my mood went away.

I smiled up at Becca. "Hey."

She smiled, still standing. "Oh, uh-hey. Just wanted to let you guys know that I'm going to eat lunch in Mrs. Morris' classroom so she can help with my chemistry homework. Sorry to interrupt..."

Lucas shook his head, "Don't worry about it. (Y/N) and I were just thinking of ways you could confess your love for Mr. Butler. She just had the greatest idea."

Becca's eyes lit up, "Really? What is it?"

Lucas raised a brow, happy that he had caught her attention. "Oh, we'll tell you after school- when we have all the details and such. It will be perfect."

She nodded before walking away, waving. I nuzzled my nose into his neck. "So, what great idea did I have?"

He wrapped his other arm around me, warming me instantly. "Falling off the roof."

I pulled my head back, squinting in confusion. "I almost fell." I put emphasis on the almost.

"Yes." He nodded pulling my head back into his chest. "Sadly, Becca won't be as lucky as you."

I froze for only a split second, but Lucas caught it. He pulled roughly by my hair, yanking my head back. He wrapped his hand tightly around my throat- enough to hurt, but not enough to suffocate me or leave a bruise. I snarled, a menacing smirk crawling onto his lips. "That isn't... hesitation- is it (Y/N)?"

I gave my own smirk before crashing my lips onto his. When we we parted, I rest my head on his shoulder. "It was, but only because Becca is the only 'friend' I've ever had. However, now I have you. I no longer need her."

Lucas returned his arms, wrapping them around me. He softly stroked my arm, "I knew I could count on you. I love you."

I took in his scent, not thinking of what just happened. He was good. He loved me. I shouldn't ever hesitate. I know he loves me.

He quickly slipped out of my arms, standing. I gave him a look of confusion but all he did was press a kiss to my forehead before walking away.

He turned back slightly, "I have some things to do. Meet me up here after school."

I nodded and smiled.

I already missed the comfort of his arms.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~