Chapter One

Nick Burkhardt pulled into the drive of the house, that he shared with his girlfriend Juliette. He sighed and got out of the car with his shoulders in a slight slump , he'd had a strange case at work and he'd started to see creature like things. Walking into the house the detective had a flashback of the snake like face he'd seen on a man getting arrested at the precinct , dubbing starting to see things down to a lack of sleep.

He walked into the kitchen with a smile to his girlfriend, before noticing his aunt sat at the kitchen table.

"Aunt Marie! When did you get here?" Burkhardt smiled at his smiling aunt, in the process of taking off his jacket.

"Hey, she was here when I got home." Juliette smiled.

"Sorry for the short notice." Aunt Marie apologised with a sheepish smile.

"What? You didn't know she was coming?" She raised a brow.

"I meant to call, sometimes I mean to do something and I think I usually have." Aunt Marie replied to the man.

"Well how are you doing? Are you okay?" Nick asked his aunt.

"I'm not as okay as I used to be." Marie smiled at her nephew.

"She was telling me some pretty funny stories about when you were little." Juliette laughed softly.

"Dead frog in the microwave?"

"Among others." Juliette responded.

"Come and give us a hug." Marie stood up and pulled her nephew into a hug, whispering into his ear,

"We need to talk.".

———————————————————————

Luciana painted softly running through the streets in her worn out vans. She coughed and doubled over slightly holding her stomach before starting to run again. Kelly, her mother had told her to stay in the hotel room but she had to warn her aunt. She was a Grimm, but not the normal type. She could see visions and things that were going to happen and she could see that Hulda was coming for her aunt again. She ran forward in the direction of the house, of course she didn't know where the house was but she could sense the creature nearby. She hiccuped and ran forward ducking into the trees as she watched her aunt talk to a man, taking out a small scythe from her backpack with Dēcapitāre written on it in blood.

She would be ready for when he came.

——————————————————————

"How bad is it?" Nick asked.

"Two months, two weeks, two days. Nobody knows. But there are so many things I need to tell you."

"Why didn't you come here sooner?" The detective replied.

"I couldn't."

"Why?"

"Just listen to me." Marie Kessler replied to her newphew, stopping in her tracks of walking and turning around to face him.

"There are things you don't know, about your family."

"My family?" Nick looked at his aunt in confusion.

"You're my family."

"Have you been seeing strange things? Things that you can't explain." Marie asked her nephew, getting silence in response.

Taking the silence as a yes she continued to speak,

"Oh I knew it, this is all happening so much faster than I thought it would. When it happened to me, it knocked me on my ass I couldn't move for a week.

"What are you talking about?"

"The misfortune of our family is already passing onto you. I'm so sorry, I know you love Juliette but you have to end it and never see her again. It's just to dangerous."

"What?"

Marie looked off at the street, her face falling when she saw a yellow car.

"Oh my god, he's here."

"Who?"

Marie pulled out a knife, her face set in a grim expression,

"Hulda."