Chapter Three

Juliette stood outside the house giving a statement to a policeman that was asking her what had happened, while the paramedics loaded Aunt Marie and the unconscious girl into waiting ambulances. Nick was talking to his partner Hank Griffin about what had happened outside the house. He eventually walked back over to Juliette.

"Do you want me to come with you?" Juliette asked gently. Nick shook his head and smiled small at his girlfriend.

"I'll be home as soon as I can." He responded and got into his car while Juliette walked back into the house.

Nick drove to the hospital, having to wait in the waiting room for a while.  He sat in the waiting room sketching the man or rather creature from earlier until the nurse called out to him.

"Mr Burkhardt? She's conscious now." She smiled.

Nick followed the nurse to a room where Marie lay in bed, she gave him a weak smile.

"You saw him didn't you? You saw who Hulda really was." Nick shook his head in response.

"I'm not exactly sure what I saw or how you did all that. Whats happening?"

Marie's face turned grim,

"We have the ability to see what other people can't. When they loose control they can't hide anymore and we see them for what they really are."

"Aunt Marie, you need some rest." Nick frowned and took her hand but she ignored what he said.

"This is no fairy tale, the stories are real. What they wrote about really happened. You're one of the last Grimms."

"Grimm? What's a Grimm?" Nick asked in confusion.

"It's a lot but I wish I had more time. Everything you need to know is in my trailer. There is still so much you need to know." Marie said in a serious tone to his nephew.

"What you said about my parents and my sister.." Nick said hurriedly, while his aunt reached out and gently rubbed his cheek with her hand.

"You are vulnerable now, you need to be careful. Don't ever loose what I gave to you..Find Luciana she can help you."

Nick held his aunt's hand tightly, his eyes filling with tears. This sounded like Goodbye and he wasn't ready for that.

"I'm sorry Mr Burkhardt, you can see her again tommorow." Nick sighed and left the room, walking down the corridors to leave the hospital. He started to look at the key.

Nick left the hospital and got in his car driving to the precinct. Nick sat in his desk at the precinct turning the scythe that Hulda had attacked his aunt with over in his hands, flashbacks going through his head of the creatures that he'd seen.

Hank Griffin, Nick's partner placed his hand on his shoulder making the detective jump slightly.

"Hey Nick, you get that translated?"

"Yeah.. It means Reapers of the Grimms."

"That fits your buddy Hulda, wait till you hear what I got on him."

"Hulda was from Boise, Idaho where he worked as an accountant. But his prints came back as a Mr Lindon from Chicago. He was wanted for Assault, Rape and Murder. But there's also warrants marching those prints in Florida and Alabama." Hank Griffin said to Nick while they walked down the staircase in the precinct.

"He was wanted for Assault, Rape and Murder?"  Nick asked surprised.

"Don't let the comb over throw you, this was a bad guy."

"Hey Nick, Captain wants to see you." Wu said while passing the two detectives on the stairs.

"What's he want?"

"Geuss you'll find out."

"If you had to shoot somebody, you sure picked the right guy. How you doing? You holding up?" Captain Renard asked Nick once they reached the two detectives reached the bottom of the stairs.

"Yes sir."

"A first shooting is no small thing. You'll be required to see the police physiologist."

"Yes sir."

—————————————————————————

Nick was asleep in bed when he started to have a dream of Juliette running through the forest in a red dress. Nick mumbled lightly in his sleep, sitting up with sweat covering his face when he saw Hulda's face flash in front of his eyes. Nick rubbed his face and looked out the window at Aunt Marie's trailer, deciding to go and check it out since he couldn't get to sleep again. Nick put on a hoodie and some shoes before walking outside and opening the trailer, the detective looked around the trailer. There were books and little glass bottles inside with a wooden cupboard at the bottom of the small table. Nick opened the cupboard to reveal a variety of weapons like a dagger and an axe, before sitting down by one of the open books and reading over the page. Flicking through a few pages he saw a page with some old symbols and another page about a "Hexenbiest" before having a flashback of the woman's face changing from earlier. With a creak of a floorboard Nick jumped and aimed the torch beam toward the noise, Juliette covered her face from the beam of light. 

"How long have you been down here?" Juliette asked.

"I couldn't sleep."

"What is all this stuff?" Juliette questioned, looking around the trailer.

"I don't know I'll deal with it later." The detective stood up and wrapped his arm around Juliette's shoulders.

"Come on lets go back to bed." Nick said guiding her out of the trailer.

"How long did you live with Marie?" Juliette asked while Nick shut the door of the trailer.

"She was my mother from the time I was 12."

"After your parents died?"

"Yeah."

"You didn't live in that trailer did you?"

"No, I didn't know she had it."