Chapter Two

Sounds of roaring interrupted the conversation between the three, as a figure in a suit jumped out at them, his face like one of the creatures the two had seen lately. Marie pushed her nephew out of the way starting to attack the troll like man with the knife, Hulda returning the attacks onto the woman with his scythe. Nick jumped in between the two but ended up being knocked back hard onto the concrete by the creature. Luciana knew she had to help, even if she hadn't completed her training with their mother yet. She ran out of the bushes and swung her own scythe managing to embed it into the creatures back when it was off-guard. The creature let out a groan of pain and shoved the girl back, she landed a few feet away after hitting her chest and her arm off a few pavement stones. She licked her dry lips and coughed hard, trying to regain her vision which was now filled with black dots. Luciana could just make out that the creature was starting to gain on her aunt, starting to raise his scythe into the air before the sound of loud gunshots filled the air. The creature dropped the scythe onto the floor before falling down onto its back on the concrete. Luciana just managed to make out the creature turning into a middle aged man before her vision was filled with black and her head fell against the concrete with her eyes shut.

————————————————————————

Nick ran over to his aunt and turned her over to face him, with a panicked expression on his face. He relaxed some when he saw that she had her eyes open and she was speaking.

"Did you kill him?" She asked in a raspy voice.

Nick nodded and watched his aunt sigh in response.

"I thought I lost him, they're after me." She took a hold of the necklace around her neck,ripping it off and holding it out to Nick.

"Never loose this...Gaurd it with your life, they will be looking for it." She closed her eyes and slowly opened them again.

"Nick...your parents didn't die in a crash they were killed. Look after your sister...." Marie's voice trailed off then she lost conciousness.

Nick froze for a second, before quickly pulling his phone out of his pocket and shakily dailing for an ambulance. He had a sister? "Would she be like him and would she even want to know him?" He thought to himself while he waited for the ambulances to arrive. He swallowed and surveyed the street, before he noticed the teenager lying on the concrete still. He quickly stumbled over to her and gently shook her to try and wake her up. He got no response and checked her vitals, thankfully she had a pulse. He frowned and stared down at the girl in confusion. Why had she came to help his aunt? Nicks eyes fell to the Scythe that the girl had now dropped by her side on the pavement, before a golden locket around her neck caught his attention. He opened it and to his surprise, there was a picture of him when he was younger inside. Who was this girl? Nicks thoughts were interrupted by the sound of sirens approaching.