Walls

I assess what makes sense to me. Stay above the ground, it gives you better access to everything. Stay near the food, but also near objects you can get in order to obtain said food. I try and see how messy he is, since messy is better. My only plea is for him to leave out  books for me to hide behind so I can get to whatever pack of crackers he has lying 40 feet away. I also need an easier way to get in and out everyday to still attend school.

Just as I'm about to enter  the kitchen, a plethera of loud footsteps make their way right past me. I'm already close to the door, but I glue myself to it now. It's a second giant... well, giantess. She has reddish brown hair and she's wearing a black romper with coral and yellow flowers. I didn't catch her face. She's much shorter than the male, but that doesn't take away from how much bigger than me she is. Despite this size gap between us, she does have a kinder face. That doesn't mean I can trust her more.

The two come back to the kitchen together, beginning to put away groceries. I'm not able to go and take a look at what they have, but my appetite is slightly curved at the moment, anyway. After some chitchat about the day while putting away items, the couple walk out and into a different room. Thank goodness, I have to find what to do and where to go.

First problem: how to get up. The counter has to be fifty feet up, much to my dismay. I'm not athletic. I'm skinny, but definitely not built to become an adventurous thief yet. I'm built to get skinnier and wither away here. Whatever, I need to get used to this anyway. There's a towel hanging over the side of the sink, hanging about 15 feet down. About 5 feet next to that is a handle to a cabinet, slightly overlapping the towel's area. Under that is a cabinet handle, stretching far down, about 10 feet above me. Near that is a handle to a freezer on the ground, the handle of which being at my neck.

Sighing, I hoist myself onto the freezer handle with my bags, jump (and dislocate my arm) to grab the cabinet handle, attempt one handing it and after many, many trials, reach the towel. I go for the ballsiest move of my entire life: I swing the bag I carry as hard as I can and onto the top of the counter, landing on the towel on the counter. It adds weight to the top and lifts it from me. After the short climb of fabric, I grab the suitcase and look for cracks in walls, loose spots or anything I could make into a secret home. The wall is tiled so I have to look between the squares of granite to find anything to pry open.

I only need the basics, like a dorm room. A bed...  and... I think I only need a bed!! I mean, everything else is supplied to me. The only thing I need otherwise is a way to have access to everything, since I'm sure I'll have a hard time opening things or making my way around.

I see a little crack between two tiles  It's not an opened crack, I'd be lucky if I could get my fingers in to pry it open. It's still worth a try, and lo and behold, the single tile comes out, big enough for me to get through while crouching, debatable for my suitcase to fit. I go through and grab the handle, pulling while trying to not damage the wall further, and it finally pops through, making me fall from the shift.

Behind the tile I pulled out, there's a bit of wood sticking out from the drywall. This can be a handle or some sort, so they won't notice the wall's been broken. It's dark. I only get light from what floods in through the hole in the wall. Thinking of technology, I realize how little ways my 40-hour battery pack will take me when my phone dies. So that's three things I need: a place to sleep, a way to see and an outlet that works for me.

Deciding to settle as my open suitcase of clothes as a temporary (or permanent) bed, I slip out of the tile again and use my pencil to mark a scribble on the right hand side, big and deep enough for me to see, but hopefully not them.

I'm not scared of giants, I don't think, but I still want to be hidden. I just don't want to by physically held or grabbed or hurt by them, but as long as I'm not in contact with them that way, I have nothing to fear. That's just rationale. You can be as loud as you want or taunt me as you please, but until your fingers are around my body, I have no reason to bat an eyelash.