chapter 17

' hero and villain '

━━━━━

"Stop glaring at me."

Kaede rolls her eyes. "I'm not glaring at you."

"But you are," Tomura replies. "You're glaring daggers at me."

"No I'm not," she defends, sips on the glass of apple juice that when she thinks about it is not a really bad beverage.

"You did it again," he accuses. "You're judging me with your eyes."

"No, I'm not," she says, frowns.

He points a finger at her, "See? See that? You are glaring at me."

Kaede scoffs, checks her reflection in the mirror. There's nothing amiss. "What are you talking about? I'm not glaring at you."

"But you are," he insists. "Just look at your face."

"This is how I normally look," she points out.

"You have a bitch face, Kaede," Tomura tells her.

"Don't start talking to me about faces, because as far as I'm concerned you're ugly," she says.

"Oh no, you didn't."

Chin tilted up, a conceited look. "Oh yes, I did."

"Stop it you two," Kurogiri who's finally done with all their childish antics snap. "We have more pressing matters to attend."

"She started it," Tomura pointed out and a groan escaped the warp gate's lips.

Of course it was to be expected that the equally petty Kaede responds, "You were the one who was saying I was glaring at you when I wasn't, because this is how I look."

"But you did glare at me," Tomura announces, refuses to lay down the issue.

Kaede, overrun with rage, stands up. "I told you, I wasn't glaring at you."

"You were," he says, points one finger at her again. "You are now."

Two seconds pass and she speaks again. "Because you're exasperating me."

"But you were glaring at me earlier when I wasn't exasperating you," Tomura accuses.

"I wasn't!" Kaede insists. "How many times must I tell you that?"

"Actions have more weight than words," Tomura said earning another eye roll from Kaede. "I clearly saw you glaring at me earlier."

"I wasn't, you-"

The door opens and Twice enters the room with perhaps the flashiest entrance he could muster, and Kaede decided to seize the opportunity and head to the training room where Kohaku was probably seething with fury.

And he was, azure eyes looked as if they were flames intend to burn and Kaede immediately prepares an offensive stance.

"I know I've told you power is important, but that doesn't mean you can just punch random body parts and expect them to be fatal," Kohaku says, perfect eyebrows furrowed at her.

"I know about fatal points," she hisses.

"But you're still not using them to the best of your capabilities," he says. "We've been training for weeks now and those children you acquainted yourself with have already received licenses. They're practically chicklings now. They're catching up to you. Your stagnant, repugnant self."

Kaede merely clenches her fists. "And don't think that I am unaware, but I know that you almost lost to Endeavor's son."

There is anger in his tone, but Kaede mollifies herself with the fact that he'd even be more outraged if he knew that her incapability to get that blood didn't result from physical deficiencies.