"Why Not?"

Later that day Sonic and Rainbow Dash were racing on the outskirts of the city. The were toe to toe until a building came up. Rainbow Dash ran up it but Sonic phased through the wall and won the race.

Sonic:*laughing* "Looks like I win Dashie!"

Rainbow froze when he said that.

Rainbow:*blush* "D-did you j-just call me...D-Dashie?"

Sonic also started to blush when he realized what he had said.

Sonic:*blush* (Dang it Sonic!) "Uhh...is it okay that I call you that?"

Rainbow: "Oh yeah it's fine, it's just that it's the same nickname my friend Pinkie Pie gave me. Besides, I kinda like it."

Sonic smiled seeing that she liked the nick name.

Sonic: "Alrighty then, Dashie it is."

Before they knew it they were staring into each other's eyes. Emerald green lost in magenta and vice versa. They both noticed this began to blush deep red.

Rainbow:*blush* "Umm... so what did you used to do in your spare time on Mobius? Did you go to school?"

Sonic: "School? Nahh, never needed to.

Rainbow: "Then how do know how to do so many things?"

Sonic: "Well, I can read at super speed so I just read the school textbooks when I was a kid.

Rainbow: "Would you be willing to join my high school?"

Sonic pondered at the question. Should he join high school? What would the students and staff think of him? Would he be made fun of? What if the government finds out? Would his friends want to go too? It all led to one single answer.

Sonic:*smile* "Sure, why not?"

Rainbow smiled seeing that he was wanting to go to school with her. She felt something with Sonic that she hasn't felt with anyone else before. And she liked it.

Rainbow:*smile* "Ok then, my friends took the rest your friends to their places, I'll talk to them about going too.

The next day Sonic, Rainbow Dash, Ace, and Sunset Shimmer were walking to the school. On the way there a few people that passed by looked at the two Mobians with various looks.

They finally reached the school and saw Rainbow Dash's friends along with all of Sonic's teenage friends. (Knuckles, Tails, Amy, Manic, Sonia, Greenwave, Aqua, Silver, Shadow, Espio, Rouge, and Blaze.)

Sonic: "Hey guys, how's it goin? Glad to see your all ok!"

Manic: "You too bro!"

Amy: "Sonikuuuuuu!"

Amy attempted to tackles Sonic but he dodged it and she face planted the ground.

All: "HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"

Amy: "It's not funny you jerks!"

Shadow: "HAHAHA. Whew my face hurts from smiling for so long.

Rouge: "Shadow, it's been 11 seconds."

Tails: "Still a record."

Amy got up off the ground and looked at Sonic and saw Rainbow Dash talking to Sonic.

Amy: "And who might you be?"

Rainbow: "I'm Rainbow Dash."

Amy: "And why are you talking to my Sonic?"

Rainbow: "Wait wha-

Sonic: "Ignore her. She just has an unhealthy crush on me."

Soon enough the school bell rang meaning it school has started.