Chapter ①: Kang Daniel (part 1)

Y/N POV
And here I am, on a flight to Seoul without really wanting to go. And all why? Because once again I couldn't say a proper "no" to what my parents ordered, just as happened when they forced me to study economics at university. And so, after almost 12 hours of flight, I am about to land in Korea, the place where I will be forced to live for a year in order to learn the language. And after these 12 months, I will return home where I will have a permanent job as a manager in a well-known multinational company that has the headquarters in my country... all this just because the company's CEO is a good friend of my dad, I could say that they are almost like brothers.

The biggest problem? Korea, a place where I never wanted to set foot in my life. I'm not interested in any aspect of the culture, language or cuisine of this country... I know absolutely nothing about this damned and very distant nation, it's already a miracle if I know the name of the capital! Ah, now that I think about it... besides that "I know" some idol, miracle isn't it? Not that I really care, but it happens that my best friend, Lucy, is a K-pop fan and so I had to endure, for all our friendship, her monologues, which could seem real presentations for of company meetings, concerning her multiple "oppas". And if someone is asking: they were not funny or interesting at all.

And here we are... I just landed and I already hate this experience. As soon as I turned my phone on and connected to the airport Wi-Fi, I received a message from my mother and what was written in it? That there were some problems with my application for a room in the language school dorm that I will have to attend and so for the next 4 days I will be staying in a hotel while my parents try to solve the problem. Absurd! And I doubt they can find a solution so quickly. I predict a really long and very heavy year. I want to go back home! But for the moment I should think about going to the hotel, I need to rest to think clearly of what to do.

- the next day -
Fortunately, the hotel I will stay in these days isn't very far from the school. And since classes start only in two weeks, it's better to start exploring the surroundings, just to find a reason to stay in this damn country for the next 12 months.

- last day at the hotel -
It's the last day I'll be staying at the hotel and... and my parents haven't managed to make me admit in the dorm yet nor did they find any other accommodation for me. I knew it would end this way. This means that from tomorrow I will probably be forced to sleep under a bridge. Great! It's better to get busy and find another place to stay in the next few months, since I have no chance to go home before one year. But how? I don't know the language, let alone know how things work in this country... this will be a "mission impossible".

I look at the time and it's already 6pm...? How is it possible that time passes so fast? But above all... where the hell am I? I was too immersed in my thoughts, focused to look at the shop windows, focused on trying to understand by myself how this damn system of writing made of lines and dots works, that I didn't pay attention to the road I did and now I'm lost. And as always in these kind of situations: my cell phone is completely unloaded. And that means I can't even use GoogleMaps to find my way back to the hotel. What can I do now? Nobody seems to understand me when I speak English. Okay, I admit, although my dad is American my pronunciation isn't the best since my mother tongue is another, but I don't even think that it sucks so much.

I am desperate and the girls gathered on the other side of the street are just happyly shouting... wait... girls... that means they are young! Maybe one of them will understand me and above all help me to return to the hotel. Trying doesn't cost anything.

As I approach this group of screaming 12-year-olds, I realize that I am in front of what seems like a dance school. This situation makes no sense! Wait a minute... but the almost blond boy who is coming out of that building: I know him! Or rather, if memory doesn't deceive me, it must be the protagonist of one of the monologues about Lucy's "oppas"... and if I don't go wrong:

"Kang Daniel!" I shouted, pointing a finger at him. Oh, he turned my way and this means I'm a fucking genius of evil. Okay, I admit, it wasn't the most graceful and polite move in the world, but I'm a desperate girl and I know only one thing: that guy speaks English and that guy will help me get back to the hotel. After screaming his name the girls were literally slaughtering me with their gazes. Only now I understand why they were gathered there, but from what I remember is no longer an idol... like, his group has been disbanded for a few months already. Oh well, it doesn't matter and certainly doesn't interest me.

After staring at him from afar (for like 2 minutes) I ran to him, ignoring and dodging all those screaming infants.

"Daniel oppa, I know you can speak English and you are my only hope!" I said in the most pleasant and persuasive way I could. And without too many words, I took him by the hand saying "So come with me without putting up resistance!" forcing him to run away with me towards an unknown destination. After all, I was already lost 😂

"Sorry. Can I know who the hell are you! I don't think I know you or even have ever seen you" Daniel said, gasping after the run at top speed that we had just finished by hiding in a dark alley.

"It's like that. We've never seen each other before, and probably after today we'll never see each other again. Listen, I came here only 3 days ago and I got lost. Nobody seems to understand me when I speak and..."

"And that certainly doesn't authorize you to kidnap me, Miss! Just because I'm a very fascinating idol, this doesn't allow you to behave like this..." okay, he ended this sentence with a snort. But are we crazy!

"Listen, boy! I don't give a fuck of who you are or was, since I know you're no longer an idol. Nor are I interested in finding a boyfriend; you're not even my type if you really want to know. I came here to Korea against my will, from tomorrow I will no longer have a place to stay for the next 12 months and more important now I am lost. I already have my problems if it isn't clear to you. I just kindly need you to help me finding my fucking hotel and then you can also go to hell, boy-full-of-himself!" I said pointing and waving my forefinger in front of his nose.

"And so you're here in Korea against your will, tomorrow you will not have a roof over your head and especially you are lost. And if I didn't want to help you find your hotel?" for what fucking reason is he approaching me with that look. Vade retro satan! Without me noticing, my back is now against the wall and his hands are resting next to my face. I have no way to escape. He is slightly lowering to be able to look into my eyes (ok, I admit, I'm relatively a dwarf compared to him). I can't let him understand that I am slightly panicking, to survive this attack I have to show no fear. After all, he is just a spoiled brat! But will he stop looking at me like this? What the fuck is thinking of doing this idiot! Because I swear that if he only trys to twist a hair of mine, I'll make him regret being born.

"Well, in that case go to hell with a one-way ticket" I shouted in his face!

After a moment of quite embarrassing silence, in which we were looking intensely one another in the eyes "...... buahahahahah!!" okay, I really think this guy is deficient. For what reason is he laughing now. Can I know what is funny about this situation?

 Can I know what is funny about this situation?

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

A/N: okay, here we are with tha first half of the first chapter. I hope you liked it... and stay tuned for next chapters!!