Breaking Walls

Kaitlyn's POV

It's been a few days since we got back to the schools ruins, and immediately everyone was put to work, With the exception of Peter who was put in a full leg cast. Of course he would rather have been helping instead of sitting against the tree with his leg elevated. Ororo, Jean, and I tried our best to entertain him but his stubborn side came into to affect. He couldn't enjoy anything.

It wasn't his fault though he naturally moved fast, so when that ability was taken away from him suddenly all of his energy started bubbling up inside of him since he had no way of releasing it making him cranky. We tried everything to make him happy, give him extra hot dogs when we had our nightly bonfires, play his favorite music during the day, and we even bought him boxes of twinkies nothing worked.

This was our last chance.

All three of us slowly approached the tree Peter was happily snoozing under, which was a rare occurrence, with our colorful sharpies in hand. I thought maybe the dull cast was making him feel dreary, so why not add some spunk. First I started sketching Silver lightning bolts all over the cast while Jean and Ororo drew funny sketches and wrote silly quotes. Once we were finished we signed our names and left enough room for everyone else to do so too.

Which everyone happily did while Jean kept Peter in a peaceful sleep. Scott drew lasers in white spots along with his name, and Kurt signed his adding a simple puff of blue as an outline. Even the adults joined in.

When Mystique, the professor, and and Erik all walked over we all three immediately stopped as the adults eyes bored into us. Mystique knelt down grabbing the blue marker and writing in big letters RAVEN ROCKS with a silly stick figure of herself next Hanks stick figure beast. Charles went next signing Charles The Professor Xavier.

He catches my eye for a brief second, but pulls away as if I burned him. Not that I think about it he's been doing that sense we met.

Jean and I caught eyes as the professor finished wondering if we should hand Erik a marker, or if he would do it on his own. However it seemed like he needed some forcing so I shoved a green marker in his hand with a sign showing where to sign. He just put Erik Lehnsherr.

The three adults started to turn, but I reached out for Mystique's arm pulling her attention back. "You'll want to see his reaction" I say in a duh tone making her smile along with me. As soon as Jean let go of his mind he sat up abruptly energy surging through him already. "Not that I don't enjoy the company, but why is everyone crowded around me?" He asks eyes darting to Erik and then back to me with a questioning look of fear.

"We decided to give you a gift" Ororo smirks at Peter. He quirks an eyebrow playfully, and I gesture towards his cast his eyes following slowly. He stops once he catches the first glimpse of electric green at the top of his cast. His face immediately brightens as he takes in the rest of our artwork. "Thanks guys this is totally rad" His smile is huge ass he pulls me too him in a bine crushing hug.

"We're not done yet" Jean giggles pulling Peter's short attention span back. His head snaps back to me giving me another confused look. For some reason My stomach knots together as she slyly smiles at me. Oddly enough, even though everyone knows about my pregnancy, I'm still self conscious about it. I know people are judging mainly because we both just turned sixteen, and we aren't married. Yes I would've rather this happened some other, but I can't change the past so why dwell on it.

However that does not change the fact that people send me disappointed looks, glares, or whisper as I walk by. This is exactly I hid it for the first few, it wasn't hard, but now that I'm here the few friends I've made insist I embrace it. So that meant wearing Jeans tight fitted shirts which definitely confirmed everyone's thoughts.