Thoughts, Worries, and Fears

Peter's POV

"Hank for crying out loud get the plane in the air" Raven shouted abruptly standing up from her seat and marching over to Hank who is fidgeting with the control panel. Honestly I can say that I agree we've been sitting on this freaking plane for five minutes, and still Hank seems to be nowhere near ready.

He to stands up spinning to glare down at her. "First off I knew I shouldn't have let you use my plane without me because the cloaking is fried, the electronic dash isn't turning on, and the shocks are... Are shocked."

Raven shares his glare with her now yellow eyes causing Hank to slightly squirm but, honestly who wouldn't. "Secondly I'll be able to track the plane no matter how far it gets, and we want them to get a headstart so they don't catch us" Hank snaps back probably breaking his back bone in the process.

"Trust me they got a head start, and you have five minutes" she shouts in response unfazed by his abnormal attitude as she storms back to get seat which just so happens to be by me.

I focus my attention back on Maddie not sure what could set Raven off on another rampage, but the more I look down at her the more she resembles Kaitlyn with her big eyes, button nose, and mop of blonde curls. I promised I would never let anything happen to her, and now she's in the clutches of a maniac that will probably harvest her brains.

I'm supposed to be an X man for crying out loud, and I couldn't even save her. I couldn't save her, and now all I can see is her cowering in a murky cell body already lifeless. And here all I see is my little girl eyes seeming to scan the plane for her mom with a quizzical look toying on her face.

I look up to see we took off, and a while ago by the looks of it not only that but Prof and Dad are now shouting at each other with there eyes. "Charles not only did they take all of your students, but they have Kaitlyn who has no mutant abilities which is what they want. She could be dead already Charles because they have no use for her, and you're not the least bit concerned. She was like a daughter to you yet you're still stuck in your peaceful ways."

Sure I was surprised that they were fighting, but at the same time I wasn't remembering they're first encounter in the elevator nine months ago. What surprised me even more though was that the professor seemed to be in a state of calm.

"She's not dead Erik..."

"How do you know none of our powers are working..."

"I just do Erik okay."

They continue to yell at each other getting louder by each passing minute, and Maddie doesn't seem to like it. Her face creases her nose sniffling like it does every time before she starts to cry.

"To think I thought the good side that I've always known you've had started to come out. I thought Peter, Kaitlyn, and Maddie changed you but I guess I'm just as much a fool as you old friend" Charles scoffs almost sounding sad and embarrassed to think he thought such a thing.

"If we don't do anything these people are going to keep coming back, and keep taking us and the ones we love" dad continues resting his hands on the sides of the professors wheelchair making him look even more intimidating, but Prof doesn't flinch.

"They deserve the right to a fair trial, and the authorities will do there job. It's not our job to do Erik it's there's." Dad goes in again, but I've had enough and so has my daughter. The next few moments seem to move slower than normally. Maybe it's because I'm terrified, or maybe it's because Maddie is still clinging to my shirt sobbing, or maybe it's the stress of two of the people I look up to fighting plus everything else.

"Shut the hell up!" I shout catching the attention of everyone on the plane even Hank who usually refuses to take his eyes off the sky.

"Maddie is seriously a week old and I'm holding her on a war plane while her mom is probably rotting in a cell, and you two have the audacity to make this situation about you and your idiotic disagreement. Now I'm not taking a side because I agree and disagree with both of you, but when it comes down to it not everything has to come to killing there are other ways to save people."