Late Night Star Gazing

Kaitlyn's POV

I stare blankly up at the perfectly clean ceiling my hands resting on my perfectly round belly as I think about today. Really the only thing that mattered was that Erik accepted Peter, and was willing to have a relationship with him. However I feared his old school ways would stay intact and he wouldn't accept our child. In the end it was fine and all three of us cried for an hour as our friends lingered around with happy smiles as we talked.

However it wasn't okay.

While the memory is happy I can see the glowering looks from the same annoyed girls. I can hear their words echoing in my head almost as if they were in the room. I see there flirty looks to Peter even though I'm right there. I see everything and it's utterly pathetic. Why do I let these things bother me when I have so many happy things to cover them up? I blocked out my mom why can I simply not ignore these girls who are below me.

Having enough of my own thoughts I abruptly sit up thankful Peter's a heavy sleeper. I waddle out of the room, yes I've gotten to that stage, slipping on my slippers as I exit the room heading to the one place I can truly be alone to think.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I gaze up at the glowing globs of gas as the lethargically float through the air. Tonight they seem to understand my pain, and glow brighter than I've ever seen them maybe as an attempt to blind out my problems. Sadly it doesn't work.

The conflicting thoughts continue to bounce off my head each one sending a new surge of pain. Be thankful, I try to counter in my head, Hank says your daughter is exceptionally healthy and so are you now that you're eating properly. For the first time in your life you have a family that truly loves you. Now I'm inwardly screaming at myself.

You're going to give your daughter the life Peter and you never got to have. She is going to grow up in a beautiful mansion, with an incomparable education, and surrounded by aunts and uncles that will spoil her silly. Her life will be perfect, and by comparison so will yours.

"Kait, What are you doing up here?" I whip around to meet Scotts red tinted glasses sleeplessness written all over his face. When I don't respond for a while he decides to stroll over and sit next to me on the edge of the roof. "How'd you know I came up here?" I finally whisper my voice most likely raspy from being tired. "Well I don't know if you know this or not, but you are not a grade A spy when it comes to sneaking out. Your lucky Peter sleeps through anything even if it is for just a few short hours."

I chuckle lightly feeling myself relax as the tension escapes with it. He looks at me, and even though I can't see his eyes I know he is expecting an explanation. "I was having trouble falling asleep, so I thought I would come up here since Peter's monstrous snores were not helping." Now it's Scotts turn to tiredly chuckle as he gazes up at the stars too.

"Does it make it different, the glasses, can you still see the stars clearly?" I ask trying to avoid the inevitable, but I also want to know if everything is red. "Well everything is different shades of red, but it doesn't make it any less beautiful. It kind of makes me feel special because no one else gets to see the world like I do."

"Now are you going to tell me why you're out here when it is 11 o'clock at night?" He asks sternly turning his full attention to me. I sigh turning the opposite direction curling in on myself not purposefully, but out of instinct. "It's really not important..."