march

March 5, 2022

March 5, 2022

    Dear Simon,

    Today was the first day of your first round of chemotherapy. You had surgery last week to remove the tumor on your other lung and the scar doesn’t look pretty at all, if I’m being honest. It looks as though it’s infected because the wound is starting to seep pus. I’m really hoping that it’s not infected because that means we have to delay your chemotherapy treatment because you’ll have to take antibiotics to fight the infection but you’re not longer coughing blood but you’re weak from the two surgeries and you still have problems breathing. If you have problems breathing, the doctor in charge of your treatment might have you start using an oxygen machine for after treatment if it doesn’t improve. We’ve already got an oxygen machine for you to use at night. I don’t get how you still manage to look so handsome but be so weak. Amanda and Alesha saw how worse you look yesterday and it cheered you up to see the two of them but it shocked them to know that you have lung cancer.

    It’s shocked everyone that you have lung cancer but given how much you used to smoke in years past and a year after my car crash, I’m not quite as surprised but I am happy that you had completely stopped smoking by the time of our first anniversary as a couple. I love the fact that you even refused to smoke after one of your fans offered you a cigarette last year after the BGT final.

I love you, Simon,

love,

David