Chapter 1

"Get out of here! Whatever it takes, get out!" I yank away from the person in a frenzy, desperate to free Jesse. "Leave me if you have to! Just-"

I freeze, all my blood replaced by utter dread. Jesse's head trapped in the piston, a prison being built around his mind. I can feel tears start to well up. Jesse is... Jesse might never be the same again.

The pistons stagger back up, and Jesse's bright green eyes always bursting with life are now a dull red. A sick unnatural red.

"Welcome Jesse. Yay." Jesse doesn't move, it's almost as if he's a statue. Not blinking, not moving. Only a moment before, he was thrashing and every limb wildly throwing itself around anxious to get out. All of that energy, poof, gone.

I stare at the red eyed statue, this... this can't be happening. Jesse's fought Wither Storms and psychos, he can't be taken down. He's Jesse, he's... he's undefeatable.

"NO! What did you do to him!" Petra's fight increases, you can see the pure rage in her eyes. An enraged animal taking over Petra.

"He is now useful. His head is full of so much wonderful knowledge, as I'm sure yours are as well."

Petra gasps, and digs her feet into the ground. Her person starting to move. But then just stops. I turn back to the screen, smoke is raising from the sides and the screen glitching out.

"...so many worlds..." The dots appear again, and nothing moves. We're frozen and in shock, everyone else just doesn't have the ability to.

Ivor breaks the silence, his whisper incredibly loud though in the silence. "We have get out of here now, or who knows how long we'll be trapped here."

"...a powerful block that commands living storms..."

Petra whips around and glares at him. "Not without Jesse! We don't leave him!"

"We might not have a choice!" I hate my mouth, it's not allowed to say such vile things. "We'll- uhh, we'll get him back somehow." I sound so unsure, so worried. How does Jesse manage to always sound so determined in these situations?

"...killer mansions... floating cities..."

Ivor looks back up to the green dots. "Now is the perfect time to escape while P.A.M.A. is distracted."

"...blueprints for stronger swords..."

"So what?!" Petra growls at him, her whispers becoming much louder. "These people aren't exactly loosening their grip!"

"...theories about how people think..."

"Stop arguing and start thinking!" She snaps her head towards me, angry as ever. "Can you guys reach your swords or anything?"

"...fighting technics against nearly any kind of foe..." The screen starts to spasm, flickering through faces and signs as smoke plumes from the sides. "Data bases overloaded... Error..."

The people suddenly just let go, and I dart out of their grasp before P.A.M.A. can do anything else. Petra does the same, but Ivor only peers at them shocked and puzzled.

"Diverting power..."

"Wow, I've never seen anyone overload P.A.M.A. before."

That gets our attention, we all whip around and stare at the strange women. The one who vanished once P.A.M.A.'s people came to the house. We all jog to the edge, but I look back Jesse. He hasn't moved at all, it's like he's dead. A thought that makes my stomach twist.

"But I would get moving if I were you. P.A.M.A.'s made to handle a lot of information quickly."

"Data pending." The screen glows with P.A.M.A.'s face again. I scoot back again, much more scared of it than I was five minutes ago when Jesse was standing up to it.