Chapter 7

I've decided, while jumping down this hole, that I really don't like the color red. It's the color of blood, it's the color associated with rage and hate, and falling towards an ominous red glow is one of the most scariest things I've ever done.

The cavern opens up, completely covered in the red light produced by redstone. Thankfully it looks really simple. Three towers to pour water on the top of, dodging the mobs of course, then jump up and rip the heart out. Simple, so very simple with so many deadly consequences if I get it wrong.

I sprint to the tower to my right, zombies will be my warm up for the spiders. It's only three zombies. Three buffed up zombies that could also push me to my death of the platform. But perhaps, I could do the same to them.

"Greetings tormentor."

P.A.M.A.'s voice sends a powerful jolt through me, causing me to stumble. I slam to a halt and stare at the extremely creepy red smiley face. I do NOT want this thing talking in my ear while I'm trying to focus.

"I, of course, have been expecting you. Though I will admit how shocked I am how quickly you gained access." The face flashes to an angry one. "It's almost as if my defenses weren't there."

I block out the robot and continue to run towards the zombies. There isn't any time for this! P.A.M.A.'s just probably trying to stall so it can complete the portal. Concentrate Lukas!

"Your persistence is a confusing quality. I look forward to studying this aspect of humanity once you have been made useful."

I duck under a zombie's swing and leap sideways into it. It flails over the edge while I roll away from the other two advancing zombies.

"Since resistance to me is... illogical."

They march towards me as I step back, my feet hitting the tower. My eyes widen and I whip around, who needs to fight those things when I can just fry their circuits with a bit of water!

Ignoring the computerized zombie groans getting louder, I scurry up the tower. Fumbling to pull out the bucket and praying that I don't spill it. A few minutes ago, everything felt numb. Now a crazed energy is blasting throughout my body, my hands shaking as I try to keep a steady hold on the bucket.

I stand up at the top, trying very hard not to freeze and stare at the very close zombies, and dumb the water out. The beautiful blue liquid cascading down and washing away the redstone and the chipped zombies.

"Ha. Ha. Ha. It will take more than water to defeat me." I jump down and roll forward, feeling the need for more and more oxygen. "You have only inflicted minor damage.

"You are too insignificant to worry me." I pull out my sword while a spider pounces at me. I slice it, then kick it off in edge. The moment I turn, I see that the other two are already mid leap, giving me no time to react.

One of them hits me, pushing me into the ground. I try to hold it back as it claws for my throat, the other one biting into my shoulder and dragging me. I scream and twist, swinging my legs around to kick the one biting me.

Continuing the momentum as best I can, I manage to stagger to my feet. Where I can use gravity to pry this bug off me. It falls to the ground confused, and I plunge my sword through the chip and into its head.

I dash to the tower, not bothering to see where that other spider is. I can deal with that later. I scamper up the tower, the blood pounding in my fingers as I reach for the bucket. I don't even stand up on the top before I tip the bucket over the tower.

The water carries me down and angry beeps come from the screen. "You cannot defeat me, your defiance is not useful. You merely delay the inevitable."