Chapter 1

Sorry the ring is a PNG -_-

John's POV

"Alex?~" I pop my head into my boyfriends office and he looks up from his laptop at me.

"What is it, baby?"

"I have an internship at a high school starting tomorrow."

"Fuck, John, less time with you?"

"Yeah. It's required for the degree though."

"Doesn't mean we can't have fun tonight, though."

I felt a small stab in my chest and held it. It's been happening regularly the past few days. I don't know why.

"Heart burn?"

"I... I don't know."

It ended after a few seconds and I walked over to Alex, pecking his lips. I wish we had one more kiss before I felt the room.

**

It was around 2 in the afternoon and I was laying in bed, looking at old photos of me and the Sisters. Alex walked in and laid next to me, wrapping an arm around me.

"Wanna go to the park?"

I looked at him and nodded, putting my phone in my pocket and getting up. I slipped on my socks and shoes and walked out of the apartment, hand in Alex's.

We wandered around the park and Alex and Me sat near a tree, his head resting on my shoulder.

"I am in fucking love with you."

He just stirred and I realized he was asleep. Smiling to myself, I rested my head on top of his and fell asleep as well.

**

I woke up and checked my phone. It was 40 till 3:00, so I shook Alex to wake him up. He ended up staying asleep so I kissed his face over and over until he did wake up.

"John.. Where are we..."

"The park, let's go."

He had a drowsy look on his face, but complied and walked hand-in-hand with me back to our apartment.

He looked at his phone and beamed. I wonder what was so important.

"I need to go get something from the store, John, you stay home."

I just nodded, confused, and walked inside of our apartment and hanged my jacket on a notch we had nailed to the wall.

I wonder what was so important.

Alex's POV

"Eliza you are a lifesaver. I feel like a dick making you do this, this is a dick move, right?"

"Alex, don't worry about it!"

I smiled and looked down at the cases below.

"Are you two getting married?"

Me and Eliza both looked at each other and laughed a bit.

"No, Alex is getting an engagement ring for his boyfriend."

"Ahhh. Looking for anything in general?"

I looked around and spotted a gold looking ring, it looked like a plant was wrapping around the finger, and at the end there was a diamond. There were leaves that were made of gold, and I asked the jeweler if I could see it.

"Ahh, a fine ring!"

He said, unlocking the glass cabinet and grabbing the display rack. I looked at it and instantly fell in love with the ring.

"How much is it?"

"$2000."

I grabbed my wallet and grabbed my card, handing it to him. I had to sign some shit but eventually it was mine.

He put it in a box and handed it to me, wishing me good luck and saying bye to Eliza.

I'm a single Pringle I dunno how buying a ring works guys

"I guess I wasn't really needed after all." Eliza said, chuckling a bit.

"I guess not."

I got home around 6 and felt inside my pockets for the box. It was a soft velvet, and before I opened the door I decided I could hide it under the blankets that were in the closet of the office. We barely use the closet, anyways.

I opened the door and made my way to the office, sliding open the closet and hid the box under a mountain of blankets, and made my way to the living room and saw John fast asleep on the couch. He had a worried look on his face. I shouldn't have been out so long.

"John?"

"Hmmm."

"I'm home."

"Well duh."

He got up and looked at me.

"Why were you out for two hours?"

"I bumped into the Sisters."

"Makes sense."

He walked towards me and kissed me passionately, and I happily returned the kiss and made my way to the kitchen with him.

"Want anything in general?"

"You."

He froze and laughed a bit.

"That's dessert, Hun."

I just rolled my eyes and opened the fridge, seeing nothing and grabbing a packet of Ramen and heating up water to make it. John grabbed a mug from a cabinet and a tea bag.

"So when's dessert?" I asked, smirking. He tensed up a bit and I could see he was a blushing mess.

"Oh- we don't have to..." I quickly stated.

"Thanks." He breathed. I have to admit I was disappointed.