Chapter 3

its ya boy kat im not into this ship but im into internet fame so im milking this story's success

dum dum aleghx's pov

"Alex...? What are you doing?" I was literally almost vibrating from shaking.

"Sorry uhm- just need to go to the bathroom, so.." I stood up and excused myself to the bathroom, nearly walking into the girls bathroom before correcting myself. I looked at myself in the mirror before being caught short by someone walking into the bathroom, so I went into a stall.

Only pussies go into stalls.

I look at myself at my phone camera- wait no I don't, because I left it on the seat at our table. Score.

I take out the velvet box from my pocket, opening it and staring deeply at it. I was almost tearing up, telling myself

I can't do this.

 My heart was racing.

I hear the door open to the bathroom, assuming it was the person who walked into the bathroom in the first place, but a worried voice rung through the bathroom instead.

"Alex? Are you in here? Please don't have pulled a 'crawl out the window and run' on me."

I felt guilty from the worry in his voice, all I could manage was a 'y-yeah bro I'm here', cringing at my use of 'bro'. Who was I, Jake Paul?

I heard a sigh of relief.

 "Our food is here. Hurry up, slow ass." John said. I nodded for some reason, expecting for him so see, and heard the door open and close. I sighed and got up, walking back to our table. 

dum dum johgn/s pov

Alex has to be planning to break up with me. It was obvious. I kept my head down low-ish (but not obviously low) and waited for Alex to come back to start eating. Alex came back and took a seat across from me, smiling a bit awkwardly. He messed with a button on his suit.

"Wow, you weren't joking when you said our food was here," Alex said with an awkward snicker. I just laughed a bit.

**

Me and Alex finished eating. He paid the hefty check, and I was so ready for him to lay it on me.

"C'mon b-babe, I wanna take you s-somewhere," Alex said, obviously nervously. We walked in a still yet nearly comfortable silence in the cool night breeze of the New York streets. We were in a quieter part of New York. He brought me to the park we used to go to all the time, before Alex became a slave to his job.

Alex intertwined his fingers with mine and I couldn't help but smile a bit, my cheeks becoming a dusty rose color. He brought me to a tree.

"Remember when w-we slept under this tree together?" Alex said, staring at the tree lit by the street lights.

"Yeah. We looked like poor hobos." I said, smiling a bit. Alex brought us over to the tree, sat down near it and patted the grass to tell me to do the same.

"I know tonight's been weird, but John," Alex stood up, then kneeled down on one knee in front of me.