Chapter 4: A Journey to the Past

* 17 years back *

Bree's POV:

"I think that the kids shouldn't know about bionics anymore." I blurt out.

"Are you crazy, Bree? They need to know, and have bionics. It could save their lives!" Marcus snaps.

"No. She's right. We all saw how Skyla and Alexa were kidnapped. It was because they knew. And they still know." Grace joins in.

"Yes, but it's not like we can erase those two minds clean. If we hide it from the next upcoming children, Skyla and Alexa might spill it. Or even worst, one of us could expose ourselves." Anna points out.

By now, everyone seemed to be deeply in thought, I mean, that was a hard decision that we had to make.

"I think... We have to take bionics out of our lives." Emily pauses. "All of us. No exceptions. No excuses."

"Are you sure?" Chase gets everyone's attention. "I mean, bionics aren't always bad. Remember all those missions we went to, Bree, Adam, Anna? Those were for good things."

"I know. But I think they're right. I don't want my future child to..." Adam stops. "Be in danger."

"None of us do." Sonny softly agrees.

"I... I don't know... I mean, we're all used to our bionics. And so are Skyla and Alexa." Julianna comments.

"But if you think about it, they're a big deal when it comes to our children." Anna points out.

"Are you guys sure you want to be normal?" Leo starts. "Being normal is so... Simple. Isn't it, Jack, Jerry?"

They nod, obviously not really understanding the situation.

We all look around, our eyes showing sorrow. We all hold thinking faces.

"Then its settled. We're getting rid of our bionics, for good." I start. "We ca-"

"You guys are crazy! Our world revolves around bionics! How could you even think of getting rid of them? They're our lives!" Marcus stands up.

"Maybe because we care about our children! Or have you forgotten what bionics got us? A dead child, Marcus! Krane killed our child because of our bionic self's!" Grace stands up, sobbing.

Marcus starts to tear up.

"I don't know, Grace. Krane, is dead."

"Marcus, he's not the only threat. And you know it." Grace whispers.

Marcus nods and sits down.

"We can save our bionic chips in Mr. Davenport's lab. And, we will never, and I mean never, go in there again." Chase stands up. "Deal?"

"Deal." We all say in unison.

         Anna's POV:

Adam and I finally had a baby.

I just... I love him so much.

He's our only child.

I'm giving up my bionics for him.

And I don't regret it.

But honestly, I will miss them. A lot. Bionics were really the thing that got Adam and I together. But bionics also killed Mr. Davenport. And bionics could kill my poor John. I love him to death. Giving up bionics is one of the most important decisions we have had to make.