Chapter 13: I Regret Everything

Marcus's POV:

       "I don't think that will be happening."

     The word rung through my mind. The whole situation just tool me unexpected. This is all a nightmare. A crazy, inexplicable experience. I regret ever bringing my kids into this whole mess, they should've stayed home. This is Bree's and Chase's problem. Not ours.

        "And who might you be?" Chase asks the 3 tall men and the 2 average height women.

        They stand in the same formation we are standing in, they are less than us, but we have no idea what they are capable of.

         "We," one lady speaks, her voice soft but strong. "Are the Krane family. And I suggest you change your plans a bit. You're not going anywhere."

          I take a look at Grace, she gives me a look of apprehension.

           Adam takes a step forward.

          "I recommended you don't try to fight us, you will loose." A blond woman speaks.

         Something about them seems odd.

         Juliana steps forward.

         "And I recommend you let us go." She speaks firmly.

         They all laugh, as if this whole thing is a joke, yet, I don't see any humor in this.

          They stop laughing at the exact same time, and one glares at Julianna.

           The blond one seems to have a trick up her sleeve.

           I see a small spark on her finger.

          She's bionic.

          They all are.

           Julianna...

          I superspeed to Julianna and push her out of the way; I barely made it, as the blond girl send a sphere of lighting towards the spot where Juliana was standing. It sent me flying towards the wall.

           The last thing I saw was their smirk of satisfaction.

            I love you, Grace, Alexa.

..........

                        Bree's POV:

           "MARCUS!" Grace shrieked.

           Everyone ran to his side. He's not breathing.

            I was apprehensive about this, but now, in frightened. My mind is everywhere.

             And that's when I find a solution.

             The solution that will tear my heart.

            "The kids have to get out of here..." I softly whisper to Chase.

             The tears run down my cheeks.

            Chase looks at me with disbelief before nodding.

            Skyla heard me.

            "We are not leaving." She states.

            "Yes you are." I look her dead in the eye. "We will distract them. Listen to me, Skyla. You are going to help Donald, and you are all going to leave. Not home. Do not go home. I want you guys to run. Leave. As far away as possible."

            Tears have formed in her eyes and she's trying hard not to sob loudly.

            "Understood?"

           She nods and hugs me. I take her in my arms and hug her tightly.

          "We will get out of this, I promise ." I whisper. "And we will find you guys."

           I know Chase and everyone else heard me.

           Adam is right next to me.

          I look at him, and I weakly smile.

          I know it will be hard for him to let go of John... And Anna will be devastated.

           I let go of Skyla and she runs off to tell the rest.

          Chase walks over to Adam and I.

           "Bree, you should go with them." Chase says softly.

          Adam agrees.

          "Of course not!" I whisper yell.

           "We have to think about the kids." Adam says.

            "This is the best for them. The more people that distract here, the easier it will be for them to escape." I look at them.

            "I'm staying."

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

I was gonna make this longer, but... I decided not to. Sorry.

Song at the side is bomb ❤