Moxiety-safe

"I don't care if you hate me. I just want you to be safe." 

Patton looked at the back of Virgil's head as he's turned to the door. 

Virgil looked behind himself at Patton. He also looked at all the stuff on the ground. A backpack, flashlight, blanket, sleeping bag, pillow, allergy pills, his eye shadow, make-up wipes, a stuffed animal, a picture of him, Patton, Roman and Logan, and a small bag of chips. The one thing Virgil kept to himself was a pocket knife Patton gave to him.

"Have fun at your friends, kiddo." Patton started to turn away. Virgil quickly went and grabbed him hand before he ran away. 

"Patton, I'm sorry. I didn't realize that you were. I thought you were just being extra. I didn't realize you were giving these things to me for a reason." Virgil spoke softly. 

Patton broke out of the grasp and walked to the stairs. 

"Just go. I don't think your friend will want to hear that you don't want to go. You two have been planning this for weeks." Patton then trudged upstairs to his room. He shut the door and heard the front door open and close a while later. 

He then flopped on his bed and cried, knowing that Virgil was completely annoyed by him. 

Next day

Patton stood in the kitchen while Roman sat at the near-by table and Logan on the couch. The door opened and closed. Patton looked behind him to see a disheveled Virgil. 

"Hey kiddo, how was the sleepover?"  Patton questioned. 

Virgil threw down...

A backpack. Patton picked it up and checked in side. 

It was all the stuff Virgil argued about taking the night before. 

"You...You took the stuff?" Patton was almost in tears. 

"One, the... the sleepover was terrifying, Ah- And two, yes, I took the 'stuff'." Virgil panted. 

Patton smiled. He then grew concerned. 

"T-Terrifying? What happened?" Patton shuddered.  

Virgil huffed once more and explained. 

"He just wanted me there so he had a reason on why he was smoking. He never got caught-" 

"Was." Logan blurted. Virgil rolled his eyes and continued. 

"He never was caught but I was definitely paranoid. And... I'm glad I took the stuff...animal and the uh, the picture. I kinda... was going into a panic attack...." Virgil assured. 

Patton smiled lovingly at him and hugged him. Virgil jumped at the sudden action, but hugged back, desperate for one of his da- Patton's hugs. They separated as Logan stood up, walking to the kitchen. 

"Listen, kiddo, I thought what I did pushed your limit and you hated me." Patton blurted. 

Virgil tensed. "Patton! By no means could I ever be angered by you! I-" Virgil paused. "I love you too much." He finished. 

Patton then started to sob at the confession. He hugged Virgil once more, crying into his jacket. 

"The real question is, was that statement a platonic 'I love you' or romantic?" Roman joked. 

Patton looked at Roman, questioning if that was a real question. In return, Roman nodded. 

Virgil took a shaky breath and whispered out a 'maybe romanically'. Patton gasped. 

"Do you actually romantically love me?" 

"Would you hate me?" Virgil bellowed. Patton smiled. He then let go of Vigil and put his hands behind his back. 

They sat there for a good second.

"I let you go, right?" Patton giggled. 

Virgil looked confused. "Yea..." 

"So I must love you." He rejoiced. 

Virgil thought about it, then was disgusted. "You love me, so you let me go." Virgil chimed. "Bitch." 

Patton looked a little hurt, but kept the smile on his face, giggling. 

Virgil held his head low, but chuckled. He then hugged Patton tight, afraid he's going to say he was joking.

But it never came. 

Yeet i hope y'all liked that. It started as angst and ended as fluff. 

Glad I had an idea and now I have a couple Writing prompts saved to write if I get stuck.