Onset of a new journey

"  Good ideas take time. Just like this loader.

Jet lag, the sole reason I'm currently having a killer headache. Just when I was about to pop another aspirin in my mouth, somebody yelled in my ear "That's enough Rehana, u already have taken two in the last 3 hours ", loud enough to scare the living daylights out of the little kid who was sitting beside me in the airport cafe, who instantly started bawling followed by the famous part of 'wetting own's pant'.

My mother, a plump woman in her mid-thirties, with warm chocolate brown eyes, black curly thick hair, with an average height of 5'4, the very person who was responsible for this situation became flabbergasted and immediately started involving herself in the job of making the kid stop crying, along with his mother.

The whole situation was so awkward I momentarily forgot about my headache. Now to add more oil into the already burning fire ( my embarrassment, because I was the person due to which this situation came into existence), I noticed almost everybody's gaze in our direction.

WOW, great start Rehana, just moved to a new place, greeted by a storm in the airport, now again by people for great work (note my sarcasm), my first day couldn't get much better. After a few moments when everything settled back to normal and the heavy downpour of the kid had reduced to light rain, I moved my attention back to the window, pressing my nose against it and gazing at the raindrops sliding on it. Thankfully, the storm has gotten much lighter in the past 7 hours and has now reduced to a slight drizzle.

 Thankfully, the storm has gotten much lighter in the past 7 hours and has now reduced to a slight drizzle

I didn't even realize when I fell asleep in the comfy cafe chair while gazing out the window. It was only when my dad, a handsome charming man with an athlete built towering over 6'1, with short brown wavy hair and enchanting blue eyes, in his early forties, slowly started shaking me by my shoulder that I woke up to realize it was past 7 in the evening.

"wake up Hana, the rain had stopped a decade ago, now hurry up and collect your luggage, we need to go, my company car has already arrived, ain't you curious to see our new house? ", he had a mischievous glint in his eyes. I had to resist the urge to roll my eyes in his exaggeration.

"Sure thing cap".

---

"Where is ma?"

"She's already waiting outside, now hurry up Hana, before she -" he was interrupted by a loud throat clearing voice, turns out the person was none other than his beloved wife. The horrified look on dad's face made me crack up, which only intensified the glare dad was receiving.

"Shall we ", I said before walking away towards the airport exit, with mom and dad towing behind me. As soon as I left the port, a chilly breeze embraced me. The sun was already gone, but it didn't affect the city's working population as the road was full of vehicles, each and every shop brightly lit, people bustling in the footpaths, I had heard and checked out on the internet  that Avantic  was a very beautiful place but seeing it up so close was entirely a different feeling.

After ogling the view for about a full minute, I got inside the waiting car. After leaving my friends, school, and most importantly my dreadful past, due to my dad's transfer, I started my journey with a new hope that this time everything will be right, and good.

After a nearly 20 minute ride we reached our destination, a lovely 2 -storey bungalow with creme coloured walls, with 2 large awnings at the frontal part, and a big front yard, I instantly fell in love with the place. The driver helped us with our luggage. 

As soon as we reached the front door, they flew open revealing a bubbly old lady with a big grin on her face," welcome Mr and Mrs Roy and hello sweetheart , I'm Samantha your housekeeper", her smile was so contagious I couldn't help but smiled back, and said with an equally cheerful voice 'sup Sam'. She beckoned us in. The interior was even more beautiful, observing the house I concluded it has already been organised. So I asked for my room, dragging my bag with me upstairs I stepped into the room. It was so dark the only thing I could make out was another door inside it which fortunately led to the bathroom.

After freshening and slipping in my hello kitty pyjamas without further delay I  dove inside the covers of the already made bed and drifted off to a peaceful slumber. 

* PEEKS*

So how was the chapter? I know its tad bit short, but I couldn't help it seeing as it was my first one and whether you guys will like it or not.

It gives a lot of moral boosts to continue writing a story when somebody is there to support and give constructive criticism. Well, I guess that's enough of rambling *feels a little sheepish*.

See ya all in the next chap :)
And by the way, Avantic is an imaginary city in the UK.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share, if you like it that is.