Nightmares: literally and metamorphically (school)

"You're not supposed to look back, you are supposed to keep going."

I suddenly woke up from my bed. I was heavily panting and had a thick layer of sweat covering my forehead. I had a horrible dream last night one I hadn't had for ages, reviving my memory of that night.

I couldn't exactly remember what the dream was about but it was eerily familiar to that incident. It was a hazy vision of a place surrounded by huge trees, a forest. Even after trying my best to remember the dream, all I could come up with was a perfectly blank mind and a free headache.

I checked my table clock, it was quarter past 3 in the morning, well somebody's wide awake on the first school day.

Trying to sleep again, ended up being a failed mission.

So I did the next best thing that flashed through my sleep deprived a.k.a groggy brain, that was simply reading a book. So, after a zombie-walk to my bookshelf situated at the corner of my sky blue coloured room, and picking up whatever my hand touched first I sat on my desk and read the title, "The diary of a wimpy kid ". Myself being a wimpy kid I love this series as much as I love Tater Tots, well who doesn't? If I could, I would devour a full plate of it for lunch.

Under the light of the table lamp, I slowly drowned in the world the bookish world.

It wasn't until there was a loud knock on my door followed by my energized mom's voice, " hun, wake up its already 6 a.m and it's a normal school day, you don't want to be late the first day", I realized how much time had passed, well what can I say? Sometimes you get so much involved in a book that you don't realise how much time had passed.

" Morning maaa".

" Hurry up and good morning".

Grabbing my school uniform from the bubble chair, I head to the bathroom to freshen up.

" Dun-dana-dun-dun, I am ready, what's for breakfast? mommy!!!", I half-shrieked merrily making my way downstairs with a grin plastered on my face, which soon turned into a scowl after eyeing the food served in the breakfast table

"You know my extreme dislike for that thing, yet you are forcing me to eat it, why are you being so cruel to this little harmless girl", I groaned, spreading my hands dramatically over my head. She rolled her eyes, perhaps on my exaggerated display of not so fondness for the beetroot sandwich. Well, who sandwiches beetroot curry along with salad between a pair of bread for the sake of it being healthy, none other than my mother.

Plus beet-root is really very bloody and makes my skin crawl. For the sake of healthy living. *cheers*

Giving me a pointed look, she began, " It's only for today, and-", she was interrupted by my life-saving superhero, whom I call daddy, "Good morning ladies, nice uniform sweetie". After patting my head he took his seat at the table.