Old schedule

Hey guys, well there wasn't any memorable incident in the first chapter, but I think that it was required to indicate a few things, like how she (Rehana) had just moved to a new place and a brief introduction to the Roy family. Beforehand I want to inform that there won't be any supernatural occurrence until next chapter. I hope you guys will understand and enjoy the rest of the chapter!!

Don't forget to vote, share and comment! :D

===

Next morning, after waking up after my log-like sleep a loud ferocious growl erupted from my stomach. Saying that it was, because of my starving stomach would be an understatement. After eating a full plate of chicken tandoori  last night, even when my stomach was having a huge gas reservoir, my stomach was ought to get angry. The only rational solution that came to my mind was releasing the incoming fart in the bathroom. I leapt out of the covers and ran towards the door which I thought was of the bathroom's, but guess what ??? 

The door opened to reveal a primly dressed Samantha in a tight black and white frilly frock dress, with a heavenly smelling food tray, what's more, it was the same exact time that the fart had to be released, noisily.

My reaction to the situation, was just like any other normal person, grinning I took the tray from her hands, mumbled a 'good morning' asked if she needed anything, and closed the door after she moved away a little, rude I know. Did I mention before that by a normal person I meant a foodaholic ???

The rest of day went by a blur, and the upcoming week, with me being busy with activities like eating, sleeping, reading, giving admission tests in different schools.

It was a Sunday morning, the day before the start of my new school i.e tomorrow. I was busy singing karaoke on my phone, in Starmaker. I didn't have an angelic voice, but it was good enough that you won't have to close your ears and could listen and enjoy the voice. Sometimes I get so engrossed in singing, that I forgot how much time has passed. Which brings me back to one of my memories in which I was singing very loudly, you don't realize how loud when you're using earplugs, that my mom had to pound hard on my door like a madman, to ask me to stop singing as it was past 11 p.m.
While I had stopped singing a while ago and was engrossed in reviving old memories, I heard my mom, "Hana there's somebody at the door, can you please go and open the door?", all the way from downstairs.

" On the way". I scurried off my bed and made my way downstairs. Opening the door revealed a cute nerdy girl (as she had big black glasses adorning her face), with a tray of food that suspiciously smelt like blueberry muffins.
"Umm, h-hello my name is Skyla, You're are our new neighbours right? Of course, you are sorry for my choice of words umm", she paused midway when I suddenly pulled her for an awkward hug as she was still holding the tray.

" Sup Sky, I am Rehana, you can call me Hana and please don't mind, but I am way much weirder with the choice of words ."
By the surprised look on her face, I think she wasn't expecting a hug, who would?  very rare species hug a total stranger standing in your front door with a tray of food and I was one of those.

Soon her look was replaced by a hearty laugh. " It's a pleasure to meet you, Hana, well I bought some muffins baked by my mum, as a welcome gift to my new neighbours, who supposedly is going to go to the same school as me form tomorrow ".

By the time I was forming something to reply, mum joined the conversation,  "Hi sweetie, how are you? "
" Good, I just bought some muffins for you all, by the way, I'm extremely sorry that I couldn't talk any more, I have to go to visit my grandpa, in the hospital "
"Is he okay now?", mum asked with a frown.
"Just a cataract surgery, yes he is, I will see you at school Han's, bye aunty ", placing the tray in my hands she waved and scurried off. 
" so got a new friend already, I am so happy for you", mum beamed took the tray and pulled me for a hug." I am not a kid, I could have made friends tomorrow even if they weren't my neighbours", I huffed.
Tomorrow was going to be a new start, and I was ready for it.

Bring it on.

---

After stealing some muffins which I wouldn't have got anyways because it was supposed to be dinner time I went upstairs to organise my school bag for tomorrow. Opening the window beside my bed I got the eerie feeling that somebody was watching. Even after ignoring it and continuing to do my work the feeling didn't subsidise but in fact, it grew more intense. A light breeze swayed the curtains which scared me. There was not a single leaf moving outside the window, from what I could see.

Too scared to do anything I simply closed the window and went under the covers.