Chapter Three

Three days had passed since then, and every day the man's scent came back. A tiny plateful of what seemed to be steak was left on the floor with a bottle of water and every day you'd crawl from under the makeshift shelter, eat the steak and drink the water before crawling back into the dark shelter.

But every day you had noticed that the plate got further out towards the main street. Until today, where it was where the gravel stopped and the pavement started. You knelt in the dark, avoiding the sun so people didn't see you, eating and drinking until you saw a face in front of yours.

"Hey..." His voice was gentle, deep, but gentle. You narrowed your eyes, the scent was the same as the man's from the other night. You dropped the steak and the bottle before running down the alleyway to the back corner of your shelter. "Please don't run away, you're not looking healthy..."

"Go away! You'll send me back!" You yelled out. He furrowed his eyebrows. Didn't he speak English? You wondered. "Do you even understand me?"

He neared you. Clearly not. You answered your own question in your head. You furrowed your own eyebrows.

"Leave me alone!" This time it came out in Korean. Shiru had been a translator for you when she arrived at the compound and with your now advanced brain, you clearly understood most - if not all - korean. He froze.

"I don't want to hurt you." He crouched again. "I'm Kim Taehyung..."

You kept silent, watching the man.

"I'm apart of the Hybrid Movement. We're trying to stop the illegal production of Hybrids." You were intrigued by his words. "We got told there was a wolf hybrid seen in this area. We want to keep you safe. Soon enough whomever made you will figure out where you are..."

"Why should I trust you?"

"Do you remember the name Namjoon?" He spoke softly. You vaguely remembered it so you nodded. "He worked undercover at a warehouse thirty miles north from here. You're... Y/L/N Y/N?" You nodded slowly, creeping out from under the plastic. "They know where you are. You're one of their prized ones."

As if on cue, a troop of workers peered down the alley.

Taehyung handed you a jacket and a blanket from his bag and he wrapped you up quickly.

"Sir, who's this?" One of the workers stopped Taehyung.

"She's just homeless Sir, I'm working for Rehoming." He flashed his badge. The worker looked at it before nodding. He guided you out the alley and towards a black car a few paces away. You climbed in and saw Six men sat there. Eagerly looking at you.

Taehyung climbed in beside you.

"GO!" He yelled at the driver.

~~

Don't forget to follow my social media!

Twitter: @ BNGTNSNYD

Instagram: @ textingwithbangtan