Chapter 40

Jess's P.O.V

"Jessica?"

My eyes opened lazily, the first thing I saw was my assigned nurse, Amanda. "What?" I asked rudely. I couldn't care less about what these nurses or doctors thought of me. None of them really cared about me here, they were all just 'doing their jobs'. "Time for therapy. Get up and get changed." Amanda ordered. I got up slowly just to spite her, stretching my limbs and bending backwards to crack my back just to take my time.

"Hurry up would you? Your session starts in 2 minutes! If you're late it'll just take longer." she snapped. "I don't care. All I've got here is time." I scowled in response. I felt her glaring at my back as I turned to pull a Rolling Stones jumper over my head. I took my pyjama shorts off and pulled on a pair of scarlet red skinny jeans, then my black and purple worn out converses. I combed through my hair and put it up in a messy bun, how I've been wearing it for the past few days since I wasn't bothered doing anything with it.

"Let's get going," Amanda grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the therapy room. It was a large room with white-washed walls and a brown leather lounge, with two green armchairs. The room itself was extremely ugly, the wooden desk making it even worse. Nothing in here matched, it was as though someone had just found convenient chairs and placed them in here, not really caring.

"How are you Jessica?" Doctor Morgan asked. Doctor Morgan was a slim woman, with short, dark brown hair that sheeted down to her shoulders in thick, riveting curls. She was elegant; and apart from the wrinkles on her face there was no guessing her age. She was wearing a dark blue button down shirt with black dress pants and high heels. She had huge brown eyes that seemed either sad or searching, no matter what the conversation topic.

"Fine." I replied, my mouth in a tight line. "Are you feeling tense at all?" she asked, jotting some things down in her yellow notepad. "No, just tired. I was enjoying my sleep." I said flatly. "Ever since you got here, all you've done is sleep, darling. How long have you been here?" she asked, her voice endearing. "One month and four days." she wrote that down in her notepad and turned back to me. "Do you know much about Human Anamoty, Jessica? Or chemicals in the brain, and what they mean, anything of that sort?" She asked. Doctor Morgan always seemed to use the exact right words and everything she said had meaning to it. Or it was leading to something meaningful. What seemed like pointless questions at the moment, would surely turn into something else very soon.

"No not really." I replied. Doctor Morgan only nodded her head.

"Sometimes, people sleep very often because they are depressed. This means that the chemicals being released in their brains are unhappy and make them sad or tired." she said. "What's your point? You think I'm depressed? Great prognosis, doctor. Who didn't know that?" I threw my bands up in exasperation. I wished so hard that Oli was here right now. Doctor Morgan narrowed her startlingly large eyes, then wrote something else down before continuing. "Why don't you tell me what it was like being on tour? What it was like being with that band, and your friends." she changed the subject dramatically.

"Well, it was great. I honestly loved it. I hadn't seen my cousin in over 12 years, but Oli..." I broke off, remembering how Oli had brought me and Tay back together. The rest of the session was spent explaining what tour was like, right up until the very end. "It was so fun! And we were gonna plan Hayley's birthday party but then... I came here." I felt the enthusiasm drain from my voice. "When is Hayley's birthday?" Doctor Morgan asked curiously. "Tomorrow." I slumped down in my chair, feeling completely horrible. "That's unfortunate." Doctor Morgan replied with sympathy. "Yes," I said, pure anger and hatred in my voice. "It is."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You've got visitors, Jessica." Amanda knocked on my door and informed me. "You know the way to the visiting room don't you?" she asked, wanting me to say 'yes' so she wouldn't have to take me there. I nodded my head and walked out of my room, carefully shutting the door behind me.