Chapter 4/ Captive

Year 2092

New Capitol

"What do you mean 'Troy's missing'? The idiot probably is just trying to prank me." I grumble to Illiana, my newfound friend.

"Troy's missing. I watched him get taken captive by one of the Micron," a gruff voice comes from behind me. I turn around to face General Irfan. I can feel the color in my face draining. My voice shakes as I reply, "And h-how are we getting Troy back?"

"We can't." Irfan says softly.

My world tips over sideways, and I run.

I run from the people who told me they would help. I believed that the Mutiny would become my new home. Maybe even become my new family.

But Troy's my only family. And I have to get him back.

I keep running until I reach the same building I was falling out of yesterday. I scramble through the ruins, desperate to find some clue about Troy's disappearance. The last time I saw him was inside the building when we split up at a stairwell. I crawl warily up the same stairwell, now broken and crumbled. I peek around a corner, when I see a figure standing in the shadows. 

"Troy?" I whisper quietly. The figure looks up and that's when I realize that the person isn't Troy. With a yelp, I turn around and sprint full speed back down the ruined stairs. I hear the thrum of the person's footsteps behind me. Within seconds, the person catches up to me with long strides.

"Didn't I tell you to forget that you met me?"

I let out a small gasp. "Kane?"

"Duh. Who else did you think I was?" Once the figure spoke, and I realized that it was the same man that I met yesterday. I decide to ask him for help. "I need your help. My brother's missing and I need to find him."

Kane sighs, "Fine. Come with me and we can ask the Saviors for help."