Chapter 2

Chap. 2

He turns to me saying “Please come into my office so we may talk more privately.”

“Of course Sir.”

When he turned around from closing the door I got a better look at him and he was HOT. He has dark brown wavy hair and amazing blue eyes. If I didn’t need this job and he wasn’t engaged then I would be all over him.

“I guess proper introductions are in order. I’m William Grayson.” And then I realized that it was THE William Grayson the owner of one of the most successful companies ever and only twenty-seven.

“H-hello. I’m Amanda Larson.”

He started to look over my resume and it was hard to tell if he was impressed or not but I hope he is.

“Well you have worked for some prominent families and the way I saw you handling Kate earlier was quite impressive.” Well thank God for that. “How soon could you start?”

“The day after tomorrow.”

“Well I’ll call you to let you know sometime soon.”

“Alright Sir, thank you for the opportunity for the position.” He started walking me to the door when Kate suddenly came running up to him asking “Daddy, daddy is she going to be my new nanny?”

“Do you want her to be your new nanny?” he asked back. All I could think was please say yes.

“Yes! She is fun to play with and doesn’t treat me like a baby.”

“Then she shall be your new nanny!” OH MY GOD!! I actually got the job! Totally doing a happy dance in my head right now, I don’t have to live with my brother anymore! Best day ever.

“Amanda there will be a few more things we will need to discuss but we can do that when you move in.”

“Yes Sir, is there any time you would like me to move in by?”

“How about in two days. Oh, and please call me Will.”

“Of course Sir I mean Will. I’ll see you in two days. Goodbye Kate. ”

“Bye Amanda!” Kate yelled to me.

**************************************************************************

“LIAM!” I yelled out to my brother as I entered his apartment.

“I’m in the kitchen he said back.”

“Hey,” he said turning to look at me “how did the interview go?”

“I got the job!”

“Are you serious?” I responded with a nod. “Oh my God that’s amazing! Now I don’t have to see your face every morning.”

“Haha, you know you that will miss me and besides who is going to cook for you now?”  

“I think I can live on fast food for a while. Who are you working for anyway?”

“Oh just William Grayson.”

His first response was to spit out the water he just took a sip from which was disgusting “As in the owner of Grayson Inc.?”

“Why yes dear brother that one, now come help me pack so I can be out of your hair.”

****************************************************************************** 

 “Wow his house is huge”

“I know I’ll probably end up getting lost like every day.”

“Well you are directionally challenged.”  Suddenly a man in a security guard uniform came walking towards us. “Hi, can I help you two” he said to us. “Umm, I’m the new nanny Amanda and this is my brother, Liam, he is just here to help move me in.”

“Well welcome to the staff I’m Charlie the head of security here. I can send someone else out to help your brother because Will said to send you to his office right when you get here.”

“Sure that would be great, appreciate it man.” Liam said to him.

I was about to head to Will’s office when I realized I forgot how to get there. “Charlie, how do I get to his office again?”

“Just go down that hallway then make a left and it will be the last door and you will be in a waiting area, there will only be one other door so just knock on it and wait for him to call you in.”

“Great! See you later. And Liam don’t leave without saying goodbye first.”

“Have fun in that meeting.”

As I walked down the hallway I thought about what Will needs to talk to me about. Probably about thing the kids eat and what they are allergic to. I’m really nervous and I don’t know why. Might be because he is so attractive, why does he have to be engaged to her?! I spent like five minutes with her and could tell that she hated the kids. How has he not seen how awful she is to the kids or at least Kate? Or has he seen it and just doesn’t care? What if he is one of those guys that only cares about his girlfriend and neglects his kids for her? I need to calm down I’m not the one dating him, sadly (because I really would like to), so it is none of my business. Suddenly I’m in front of a door; I guess it’s time to go in. Before I could knock it opened revealing Emma looking angry as hell “What do you want?” she demanded from me. “I’m the new nanny Amanda and I was told that Will-” “Mr. Grayson” she said interrupting me “What?” “You will call him Mr. Grayson” “but he told me to call him Will.” “I do not care whenever I am around you will call him Mr. Grayson and me Ms. Wilson but when we get married Mrs. Grayson.” What a bitch is all I could think “Of course Ms. Wilson” I said with my best fake smile. “Good, now while you work here I don’t want to ever here you talking to the children about the late Mrs. Grayson.” What the hell! Why shouldn’t I talk to the children about her? That is one rule I will for sure be breaking “Wouldn’t even think of doing such a thing Ms. Wilson.” “Glad we understand each other. Now go on in.” I gave her another fake smile. I have never wanted to slap someone across the face so badly. I walked in and saw him looking at a picture, that I’m guessing is of his former wife. “Sorry Mr. Grayson, Ms. Wilson told me to come in.”

“It’s fine and call me Will. I was just looking at a picture of my wife.” He turned it so I could see her and she was absolutely beautiful. “She was beautiful” I said looking at him. “Inside and out” is how he responded. By the look on his face I could tell that he really loved and misses her.

“Well as you know I have two kids. You met Kate already and my son is Xavier he is seven and goes to school, Charlie, the head of security will drive him. Can you drive?”

“Yes, but I don’t have a car.”

“Alright, well if you ever need to go somewhere feel free to take one of my cars I have plenty. Well moving on from that Kate usually wakes up around seven thirty so be sure to be up and ready by then. She will need help getting dressed no matter what she says and she will eat breakfast around eight. The only time she isn’t typically up then is if she is sick and if she is then please inform me. You can do anything you want with her during the day but make sure to tell someone if you take her to the park so I won’t freak out not knowing where you guys are. Xavier gets out of school around three. He hasn’t talked to anyone since I got engaged to Emma so don’t be offended if he doesn’t talk to you. Do you have any questions?”

“Yes, do they have any allergies that I should be aware of?”

“Kate is allergic to pollen so on particularly bad days in the spring I give her some Children’s Benadryl. If that’s all I’ll show you your room, did anyone bring your stuff in?”

“Yes, my brother did and Charlie had someone go help him.”

“Great well lets go.”