Chapter 5

Chap. 5

2 Weeks Later

Emma or “Ms. Wilson” is here. Well won’t today just be fabulous. Note the sarcasm I really hate her.  It is so unfair that all the good guys are taken. At least I get to look at Will. On the upside the kids are so cute. Xavier is one of the sweetest kids I have ever met, he looks out for Kate when Emma is around. He doesn’t talk but his face says everything. I already broke Emma’s rule about not talking about their mom. I always ask Xavier yes or no questions about her sometimes I try to ask ones that require more but that hasn’t been working too well. Kate usually chimes in on the few things that she remembers about her. Kate is the complete opposite of Xavier and never seems to stop talking, I swear she could go on for hours and she is always so hyper. Today I decided to take her to the park while Xavier is at school so we don’t have to be around while she is hear. I pray that she won’t stay for dinner or God forbid the night.

“Now can we leave?” an excited Kate asked.

“Almost I just have to leave a note so your dad knows where we are.”

“Ok but wright fast! I want to go on the swings!”  

“And I’m done! Let’s go put your coat on and leave!” As I am helping Kate put her coat on I hear Will and Emma coming. I was trying to get out before she saw us. Will saw us in the entry way and said “Where might you two be going today?”

“We’re going to the park and I’m going to go on the swings!” Kate announced.

“I left a note for you on the counter so we would not interrupt your work.”

“It would have been fine and besides I don’t have to do much work today” he said “would you two mind if I come along?”

“Of course –” I was interrupted by Emma saying “But baby you said you would take me out to lunch.” He turned to her and said “I know but I don’t get to go to the park with Kate or Xavier much and you are welcome to come along.” I looked down at Kate and saw the excitement of going to the park and having her dad there leave her face when Will invited her along. “I guess I could go to the park too.” She said it like going to the park was some chore. I felt a tug on my jeans and looked down at Kate, she motioned me to bend down so she could whisper in my ear. “I don’t want her to come with us” she said. I looked at her and told her that it would make her dad happy if she played with her at the park. She still didn’t look happy but said ok anyways.

“I guess if both Will and I are going then you don’t need to go Amanda” Emma said.

“NO I want Amanda to come with us!” Kate yelled.

“Its fine sweetie you go have fun with your daddy and Ms. Wilson. I’ll be here when you get back and we can play dress up. Ok?” I said to her.

“But I want you to come.”

“Why don’t you just come along sine Kate wants you there so much.” Will said. After he said that Kate looked happy again but Emma did not. It is so obvious that Kate does not like her. Hell it’s obvious that no one that works or lives here likes her.

Will’s POV

I wish there was some way to get Kate and Xavier to like Emma. I don’t know if I can through with the wedding if they don’t like her. I will give it till the Christmas ball I hold to have them grow on her or else I will call it all off for good. I cannot marry someone my kids don’t like.

“Which park will we be going to today?” I ask Amanda

“We were going to walk down to the one a few blocks away since it is a nice day out.” She responds. I look to Emma and see her making a face about having to walk somewhere. “Alright well let’s go.”

When we got there Kate went straight to the swing set pulling me along with her. I’m glad I came with them, I love seeing Kate so happy. I look behind me and see Amanda smiling but Emma was frowning and I don’t know why. I motioned for her to come over so that she could play with Kate too maybe now they can connect. She comes over and out of the corner of my eye I see Kate frown and look towards Amanda. Amanda gives her a look that clearly says to be nice. Maybe them getting along won’t happen anytime soon. I bend down to Kate and say “How about Emma pushes you on the swing?” she looks up at me with a pout saying “But I want you to push me or Amanda not Emma.”  

“Why don’t you want Emma pushing you on the swing?”

“She’s mean to me and won’t let us talk about mom she even told Liz not to talk to us about her but Amanda does anyway. I want Amanda to be my new mommy not Emma.”

I knew that Emma did not like seeing her picture or talking about her but I never knew that she was not letting them talk about Rachel.

“I will talk to her later about that but for now let her push you on the swings. You, Xavier and I will talk about things later tonight is that ok?” she nodded her head to that. When Emma got over to us I asked her to push Kate on the swing because I needed to talk to Amanda. She did not look happy about that but at this point I really don’t care. This is really making me second guess marrying her. When I got over to Amanda I started to ask her questions about what Kate said.

“When you started two weeks ago did Emma tell you not to talk about their mother?”

Amada’s POV

I have no idea how to answer that question. If I say yes then I could ruin his relationship with Emma, which would not be all that bad, but if I say no then that could be bad for the kids. As if he could see my internal conflict he said “Kate already said she did, I just want conformation on it.”  

“She did, but I have been asking them questions about her. That is mostly to try to get Xavier to talk but it has not been working to well.”

“I have another question. Has Emma been mean to the kids in anyway?”

“Well she gets mad at them for making too much noise or playing in the hallway but usually she just yells at me for that happening.”

“Next time that happens please tell me. I am going to try to talk to her about this so that it won’t happen again.”

“Ok Mr. Grayson.” Thank God that will be taken care of.

“I really do hate it when you call me that. It makes me feel old. Oh, and I am going to talk to Kate and Xavier tonight about this will you please come?”

“Of course” I hope nothing bad comes from this.