15- A Gift Of A Friend

Rebecca's Pov

Gil and I were still in my room. I was sitting on his lap as he was braiding my hair. Until there was a knock on the door. "Who is it?" I called out. "It's me, Ben." A muffled voice said. "Should I let him in?" I whispered to Gil which he nodded. "Come in." I said, making the door open. "What do you want?" I asked without looking at him.

"Rebecca, you need to talk to dad. He's sorry for what he did. Please." Ben said while closing the door. "Now he's sorry huh? It's been, I don't know, about a week!! If he really was sorry, he would have ran to me, after slapping me." I said while glaring up at him. "He thought you needed some space. He thought he was going to make it worse by running after you." Ben said with pleading eyes.

I growled while looking down. Then I felt Gil wrap his arms round me. "Come on, you need to make up with your dad. I'll give anything to have the relationship you and your dad have." Gil said softly. I turned to him as he rested his chin on my shoulder. I sighed and nodded. "Fine, I'll go." I said. "Thank you Gil." Ben said as Gil let go of me.

"I'll see you later." I said to Gil, and he nodded. "Good luck!" He said cheerfully. "Thanks. I'll probably need it." I muttered the last part as Ben and I walked to dads office.

~•~

Ben opened the door after knocking. I slowly walked in and closed the door with my head down. "Rebecca." My dad's stern voice said. I crossed my arms and looked up. "Yes, Father?" I asked, which caught him by surprise since I never call him that. His face soften as he stood up.

"Rebecca, my princess, I regret harming you. My anger over took me and i wasn't thinking. I am sorry for what i have done and for not listening to what you had to say." He apologized while walking towards me. But I didn't feel satisfied. "It took you how many days to apologize? And you still haven't said anything about Gil or apologizing for comparing him to his good-for-nothing dad!" I yelled with a small growl.

"Honey, you have to understand why I don't trust that boy. His father tried killing-" "Yea yea yea, he tried killing you and tried to take mom away, Yes I know. But that was his dad! Gil didn't do anything like that, and if you actually met him, he'll do nothing like that! He's considerate, sweet, loving. His dad doesn't even acknowledge him!" I yelled then calmed down.

"It took you over a week to think of an incomplete apology." I muttered and turned to the door. "Rebecca, wait." He said while placing his hand on my shoulder. "I'm sorry for judging him so quickly. I will give him a chance, to show me he really is a nice man and someone that deserves you. Bring him to dinner, I would like to meet the man my daughter is so willing to fight for." I turned with my eyes widened.

"Really?" I asked in shock. "Of course. You are going to great lengths to prove his innocence." He said with a smile. "Thank you dad!" I yelled happily and hugged him. "I should be thanking you. You and your brother have the makings of a true king and queen." He said while hugging me back.

"I'll go tell Gil about tonight." I said as we separated. "And Thanks to you too, Ben! See ya." I said while walking out. I closed the door with a sigh. "Glad that's settle." I muttered and started walking to the left but then heard rapid footsteps. "Rebecca!!" I looked back and saw Gil and Harry running towards me. I smiled and turned towards them. "Gil, I patched things up with my dad and he said-" "Beck, Harry need your help." Gil interrupted as they stopped in front of me. "What's wrong?" I asked confused.

"Penelopi told Pan that we're dating now. He wasn't so happy and got really mad at her and flew away. Penelopi then flew away crying, I tried looking for her, but I can't find her." Harry explained. My eyes widened. "What? No. This had to happen right when I patched things with my dad." I said irritated.