Your only friend

Wake up Cory

I woke up into a world of pain, I couldn't move. I decided to lay their for a few minutes and it somewhat went a away, managing to pick myself up. I Leaned against a wall for support I made my way down the long dark hallway, I soon made it to a dark red looming arch it seem to lead to the next room.

In the room I found a patch of grass and a lone golden flower in the middle, something about this felt all too familiar. As I move in closer the flower turned around.

"Oh n-no, a h-human. Pl-please don't kill me...." As soon as the flower finishes a bright red glow catches my eye, I looked down to a bright red heart floating in front of my chest.

"P-please don't hurt m-m-me" White pellets shot out from his body and flew towards me, I managed to dodge most of it with only one leaving a scratch on my cheek. Normally I would fight back in a situation like this, but a part of me wanted to spare the poor flower.

"W-whoa! Hey there, I'm not going to hurt you Alright?" The flower looked at me wide eyed

"You're not going to hurt me? Oh! T-thank you human!" The flower smiled, I looked closer at the flower it had some bruising on its face and petals. With a few of his petals having a small part of it torn off and one petal having a small hole. "W-well then you're new to the underground aren't cha? And you must be confused,"

"Yes, confused and a bit dazed. Hey do you know how to get outta here?"

"Well yes and um no, but, I could guide you through the ruins." the flower flashed a weak smile before it turned into a frown. "But I must warn you human you must be careful of her" The way he said her made me worry "Now come we must move quickly before she come to check here, follow me" The flower went under the soil of the grass then resurfaced by the huge arch, I quickly follow.

I enter a huge room that is dimly lit with torches on the walls. There is two staircases leading to another dark red arch, between the stairs I see a bright star floating above dead leaves. I walk to the star and touch it,

"Seeing this dark room in this dangerous place fills you with determination"

Then I proceeded to the next room.

"Be warned the ruins are filled with traps and monsters that could tear you apart at every turn," the flower sent pellets at four buttons. "Now press the buttons that my pellets are above" I walk over to do so, after that the door to the next room opened.

In the next room there's a lone switch "I don't think you've told me your name flower." as I pulled the switch. The flower turned to me and tilted his head, "Huh? Oh right, well the names Flowey the flower, yours?" Flowey held out his leaf, bending down I grab his leaf and smiled "Cory, it's a pleasure to meet you Flowey." I shook his leaf, with that he went underground. I stand up and went through the door.

At the end of the room's hallway, I see Flowey by a torn dummy. "All right as a human going through the underground, monsters will be attacking you without any hesitation," he then turns to the dummy "before we go on, I want you to practice fighting the dummy. Go on, fight it" The heart reappears on in front my chest again, "That there is your soul Cory, it's quite a bright and strong one for a matter of fact" My soul gave out this powerful burst of energy when it appeared, "I guess so," I muttered, turning to the dummy instead of hitting it I just pat its head.

Flowey gives me a weird look "No Cory hit it not spare it," I look at him and continued to pat the dummy. "Cory- ok never mind...how about I just cling to your arm instead" Flowey sighs, bending down I held out my left arm and let Flowey wrap his vines around it. "Ok let's go Cory" pushing the heavy door we enter the next room.

As soon as we entered a frog like creature appeared out of nowhere and attacked us, I had no time to react as the frog's tongue hit directly at my soul "ACK!" I was knocked back, the frog hopped closer preparing to attack again but Flowey's pellets surrounded the frog.

"One more hop Flips and I swear I'll do" Flowey glared at the frog,

"Why should I? It's a human, a perfect opportunity for a free soul ya know, ribbit." It croaked, "Besides if I take the kid down she-" I place my hand on top of its head, "Kid what hell are you doing, are you trying to pet me?"

"Please let us through, I don't want to hurt you.." My soul pulsed lightly, the frog look at Flowey then at me, it then croaked

"Ribbit, tch fine but remember this mercy or pleading thing ain't gonna help you in this place" then it hopped off. I pick myself up and dust off, I let out a sigh of relief knowing it didn't go bad.

"That was flips, one of the 'nicest' frogit- well 'nicest' monster here in the ruins..." Green pellets flew out from Flowey and flew into my body. The pain around my chest fades, Flowey sighed and said "You were lucky that it was Flips and not any other monster. If it was, then they would've taken opportunity to finish you off."

I look at the direction that Flip went and sigh, Flowey taps my shoulder "I know you don't want to hurt anybody while going through the ruins, but you're going to have to if you want to survive this place"

"I guess so Flowey....." Thinking about what Flowey said it gives me an idea, "Hey Flowey you said we only need to fight to defend ourselves right? So that mean I could just spare them when they had enough right?"

Flowey looks at me surprised "Hm, have pity on them once their beaten...I see that could work Cory, but I'm still not kinda sure about that" I pat Flowey's head to reassure him

"Don't worry I know what to do" Flowey shakes his head, "Honestly it'll be fine, now let's go" We continue down the hallway until we reach a path filled spikes in the middle of a huge pool of water, we both look at each other "So do you know how to get the other side Flowey?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ok so I know the pacing of this chapter is weird and I'm sorry about that, I promise it wont be like that the next chapter.

It begins

-WinterShjft