Forevermore

Tom coughed, "Really!?" He was happy for his friends.

Edd blushed, "Yeah. We bonded over your... death. He ended up moving into my apartment and then... We just found something special in each other."

"That's the only reason you moved apartments?" Tord smirked, raising a brow. Tom laughed as Edd denied whatever Tord was thinking of. "But why didn't you tell me this last time I came?" Tord asked.

"It was such a quick few days, it kind of just slipped my mind" Edd shrugged. "But what are you doing back here? It's only been a few days."

Tom nudged Tord who rolled his eyes, "I quit the army and am now kind of on the run from them. They think I'm a traitor."

"You went on an adventure without us!?" Matt whined.

"Sorry, Matt," Tord said. "We'll bring you next time."

"Yeah," Edd agreed. "We can go on more adventures. All of us, it'll be just like the old times."

Matt cheered up right away, "Okay!"

"Why didn't you call?" Edd asked. "I mean, It's great that you're here in person but..."

"The calls are all tracked around the base. I couldn't risk you saying something that might put me in an awkward position with the army," Tord replied.

"Oh," the green clad male said. "So you ran away from your army? And that makes you fugitives?" he asked.

"Well, yes-"

"And you thought we'd be good people to hide you? We are about the least qualified to do that," Edd complained.

Tom cut in, not wanting to upset his friend, "We can get our own apartment, or live out on the street if we can't."

"No, I wouldn't want you two living on the street instead of with me. I love you guys, you're family. You're welcome here anytime," Edd said in a caring tone. "I just don't want you getting hurt."

Tord laughed, "I can handle myself, and I can take care of Tom too."

"Hey!" Tom whine. "I'm not defenceless. I fought you off for years."

"I beat you more than half of those times."

Tom pushed him, "I still beat you sometimes! I can handle myself."

"Not against my men," Tord said seriously, a hint of sadness in his voice. "They're machines. Just like how I used to be. But I know them, they won't find me. I'll be able to spot them from a mile away anyway. They aren't stealthy. At first sight of them, I'll flee. I don't want you guys getting hurt."

That gave the group some reassurance, but not to Tom. He spoke worriedly, "You'll take me with you, right?"

"Oh, baby, of course. I won't leave you," Tord said, embracing Tom and kissing him softly as the other couple awed. Tom turned to scowl at them but Tord turned Tom's head back to his. They kissed again, longer this time, as Tord flipped them off.

"Get a room," Edd chuckled.

Tom pull away. "Kiss me again when they aren't here," he whispered.

Tord looked at Tom with puppy-dog eyes, hating the distance between the two lover's lips. He sighed, "I'm hungry, do you have anything to eat?"

"Yeah, there's leftover pizza in the fridge, I'll warm it up," Matt said and went to go do just that. They sat in comfortable silence for a moment.

Edd cleared his throat, "So how did you two become... a thing?"

Tom blushed, "Well I, as a cat, saw that Tord was really nice and... He cared about me. As a cat and then as a person. He made me feel safe."

"Tom learned everything about me," Tord said. "And he didn't make fun of me or anything for being... soft. I've always wanted someone like that. Someone to talk to without them saying that I was weird for feeling human emotions."

"Oh, believe me, if I was human I so would have made fun of you," Tom laughed. Tord was about to speak but Tom cut him off, "But now I know that you get upset when I make fun of your issues so I won't."

"Issues?"

Tom burst out laughing, "You're too easy!"

Tord rolled his eyes and was about to speak but was cut off, again, by Matt. "It's ready!" he called in a sing-song voice. They all walked to the table and stole some of the pizza.

They talked and talked until the sun went down. They all shared the same amount of happiness for being reunited. Tord had gone through an explosion. Edd and Matt had gone through the death of their best friends. Tom had gone through reincarnation. Yet they found each other. They were whole again.

Edd had given Tom and Tord a guest room to stay in when they all decided to curl up and sleep. The Norwegian and the Brit cuddled and kissed passionately.

Tord sighed, looking into Tom's jet black eyes sadly, "Are you sure you want to be with me? I can get you killed or worse."

Tom giggled, "I've already been killed. I'm not scared of it and I sure as hell am not afraid of you so do your worst."

"Tom, I'm being serious. I'm worried for you. I don't want me to be the cause of your death... again. I just want you to be safe. I don't want to loose you again."

"Don't you think I'm worried for you too? You have a greater chance of being killed than me. Your army will be looking for you, not me. So worry about yourself more."

Tord huffed, "I'm just being a good boyfriend."

"You are a good boyfriend. You don't have to prove it," Tom said. They erased the space between their lips once again, moving softly.

"I love you, commie, even if we are on the run for the rest of our lives. Even if we're locked in prison or on death row. I love you," Tom whispered.

"I love you too," Tord agreed. "So much."