Introductions

Olive's Point of View

What's that? A sign near the castle?

...Pointy ears....hair parted to the side....sick sideburns...Hmmm, this seems about right. Perhaps, I could be of aid to this poor Princess!

Without wasting any time, my feet carry me all the way towards the entrance of the castle. The guard stopped me for a quick moment to check on my features. After a few seconds, he allowed me entry. A kid with pink hair whined upsettingly about the prejudice of only letting those with pointy ears, hair parted to the side, and long sideburns be able to become the kingdom's heroes. I furrowed my eyebrows in pity, and entered the castle without thinking much of him. Darn, I bet he could become a fabled champion some day.

...Oh? It appears that I'm not the only civilian with the requirements in check. They were very generic, why would they focus on the physical aspect of a hero? But whatever...maybe they have what it takes to take on the challenge, with or without me.

As soon as the general finished his monologue on how things work around here in the castle, the Drablands, and Hytopia, I managed to catch up to the two guys. Eagerly, I wave at them, only the one wearing a red tunic waved back, the other one only stared blankly into the brightest of windows.

"G-Greetings! My name is Ruby." Said he, the scarlet haired boy. His accent had a different tone and accent than that of a common Hylian, or Hytopian, I don't know where he's from. "And you are?"

In Hylian sign language, I tell him the name 'Olive'.

He blinked twice, before chuckling nervously. He did a specific set of movements with his hands and face, I could tell he grew nervous. His fingers were shivering, as if the temperature of the room lowered to a freezing point.

Blimey! Hytopian sign language must be different...because I couldn't understand one bit. Ugh! If only I could....

"Ah, let me help you, Ruby. What do you want to tell him?"

Ruby turned to the blue boy and told him: "U-Uh...that I didn't get what he tried to say."

The azure colored boy nodded, glancing towards me, he smiled gently. From what I can perceive of him, he looks like a fragile flower. His movement was elegant and steady, similar to that of a noble, a monk, or even a prince. "My friend, are you a traveler?"

Thank the goddesses! A yes or no question! I tilted my head up and down to say yes.

"Cyan, he said yes."

"Oof...that explains a lot."

"W-Wait...oh no...that means his sign language is different from this kingdom. This is terrible! D-Does that also mean that you...you can't...?!" Ruby's eyes widened, a sweat drooping down his forehead, seemed like they were sweaty too, and he gripped on my shoulders with them to shake me back and forth.

I blinked two to three times in a second as the hyperventilating guy used me as a baby rattle. The incident made me feel dizzy after a while, and I grew forced to shove him off of me. I stomped the floor with one foot and shook my head, eyebrows narrowed.

"S-sorry! I couldn't help it. Cyan and I are the only Hytopians that are fit to be the heroes that will save Princess Styla, and we were hoping to some day find a comrade that is...perfect. Stylish, courageous, and whole."

I tilted my head in curiosity, simply unable to comprehend what he means by 'whole'.

"Ruby." Cyan tried to remain with the collected smile of his. "It doesn't matter now, we agreed to let the third person be the leader. After all, he has....he has....." he went ahead and touched my ears, hair, and sides of my face without any permission. Wincing, I pull myself away from his touch, despite it being soft and careful unlike the red one over there. Which is why I opted not to push him as well.

The azure Hytopian giggled. "Did I make you feel uncomfortable?"

This time, I nod slowly. A look of confusion and overwhelmness was expressed by my facial features.

"He said y-yes."

Cyan let out another giggle, this one lasting less. "At least you can hear, fellow traveler." He gave me a bigger, warmer smile. Then he spoke in a lower voice. "...Be wary of Ruby and I, even if our fashion sense is on point like everyone else, we are unlike the other Hytopians. Because of my wealth, we were able to afford the rarest of lectures that allowed us to seem almost normal."

"Ruby...he's deaf." Cyan spoke, and while speaking, he used sign language to further allow his friend to understand. "He learned how to read lips, so doing this isn't necessary. Plus, he learned how to speak."

"Me, well...I can't perceive sight very well, to the point of almost none at all. I'm blind, but not completely, like what most assume at first. This beautiful and lovely world is nothing but a big blur to me." His warm smile faltered into a sorrowful one for a quick moment. "...But don't mind us! We can still become the best heroes Hytopia will ever have." He cupped his hands above his chest, hopefull of the words he just told me.

Clenching my hands to fist-bump the air, I grin, proud of one of my new comrades. Then I give Ruby a thumbs up, along with a wink.

He gasped, then smiled happily. "Cyan!" He started. "I think we just became a team!"

"YAY!!" Everyone cheered, raising our blades and letting them make a clink sound as soon as they hit each other.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Author's Note:

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to read, or even skim through this little story I'm planning to continue.

It's not exactly Four Swords, nor a ship (though there could be in a future chapter cuz fluff XDD), but I still hope you can be able to enjoy it. At least a little!!

Again, thank you. And have a wonderful day!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~