A Normal Day

Olive's Point of View

I huffed, and sat down on the comfiest chair I could find in the large living room. There was a loveseat, and two more couches facing each other across the room. A coffee table was set in front of the larger couch with a bundle of three ginger-scented candles in the center. I took the liberty to light them up for the scent to break free from it's wax prison for some aromatherapy.

Blimey! What a treat to my nose.

With a less irritated demeanor, I flip open one of the books Ruby is forcing me to read. Why do I have to learn Hytopian sign language? It's not like anyone has died yet because of me not knowing it. Besides, communicating with hands is going to be hard in the middle of a fight, where I can't let go of my blade. If I stop to talk to Ruby, the enemy will CRUSH me, sizzle my remains and serve their monster kids a hero appetizer....I hope I taste good, at least...

Ruby walks by, and moves his hands in a certain pattern in front of me.

I pout, and glare at him, before visibly flipping a page by emphasising the movement of my wrist. As if I were to wave a fan.

He rolls his eyes and sets his hands on his hips. "What I said was 'Have you been studying?'. Clearly, you haven't."

I huff, flipping another piece of paper. I was skimming through the contents of the book as quickly as possible.

"Uh...er..." Quickly, he grew a bit anxious for no reason.

Obviously, I dismissed his out-of-the-blue social anxiety. But if it were in a situation where he needed to plea for help but couldn't because of that, only then I would pity him. But in this date and time, I blew a raspberry at him.

"Hmrph!" His nose wrinkled, and his lips shifted to show discomfort. The sight of my tongue let him know I was mocking him. "Rude..." he wobbled out of the living room. Leaving me at peace.

I sigh in relief. Finally, alone again.

+×+×+×+×+×+×+×

Okay...so this means that...and this is...oh wow...

I attempt to recreate the words and phrases from the book after reading for an hour and a half. So far, I memorized:

Hello!

You look stylish.

Thank you.

Goodbye!

And my personal favorites:

Oof!

Can you not?

Goodbye! (Yes, I know I repeated this one. But it is very useful for when you don't want to deal with annoying garden weeds).

After breaking my personal record of 'longest reading time', I stand up to stretch my arms and legs. My butt was starting to feel flat, so I exercise with a few squats. Nothing wrong with that.

During my small aerobics seccion, a scent other than ginger invaded my sense of smell. It was...time for supper! I wonder what delightful meal Cyan is making for us today. Without hesitation, I speed-walk my way across the hall, towards the kitchen. A few steps before getting there, I heard humming. It wasn't random notes, it was actually a melody. A delightful one, to be clear.

I peeked my head into the room, wanting to go unnoticed for now, and saw that the only one there was Ruby.

He's the one humming?! And cooking?!