Wet Socks

Olive's Point of View

Oh boi, I'm wet.

....

Not in that way, I mean that I am literally wet. Soaked. Actually, not only me, but Ruby and Cyan are also drenched in water. The reason for that is because we travelled to our first water level today. Even though it was only the first one, I already hated going there.

Yes, the ambient is nice and relaxing, like Cyan, but the mission is agitating and unpredictable, like Ruby. Also, having wet socks is just the worse! We're currently making our way to Cyan's home to dry ourselves up and change.

"So, pretty boy...Have you been practicing the basics?"

Ruby approaches me as we walk, a smug look on his face when be asks me the question.

I roll my eyes and try out my first Hytopian sign words on him. "Shut up."

To which surprised him. He let out a small gasp and clapped. Hey, it ain't that bad. I thought he was gonna get offended and bug me more. But thankfully that didn't happen.

"Oh, an encore? To what are we applauding?" Cyan spoke after making a small chuckle. He cupped his hands together, as if ready to clap as well after Ruby tells him what happened.

"Olive is learning Hytopian sign language! His first words were 'shut up'! I-I'm so proud~!" Ruby smiled at me and clapped again, and this time, Cyan joined in.

I blushed a little and bashfully look away from them, smiling like a little fool. I guess I'm not so used to wholesome compliments. Especially coming from a nervous red boy, and an elegant blue boy.

"Oof!" Cyan tripped with a rock and nearly fell flat on his face, but I quickly stepped in to catch him in time. "Woah!" He dropped the walking stick, and it hit Ruby's boot.

Ruby let out a sharp gasp, and clenched his chest. Pale as a ghost, looking as if he got a heart attack. "I'm sorry Cy! I shouldn't have given you the idea of clapping, then you wouldn't have tripped! TwT"

Cyan blinked twice, before balancing back on his feet and patting my back. "It's perfectly alright~! There is no need to worry." He bent down and patted around to look for his cane, to which I hand to him.

Seeing him smile so kindly at me made me blush a little, good thing he can't see it. Um, well, its not really a good thing he can't see in general, but it would be embarassing if he-- Argh!! Nevermind, you get the point, right?

"Thank you, Ollie. You saved my clothes from getting dirty." He chuckled, and gestured us to keep walking. To which we all listened. "We should be almost there."

Ruby raised an eyebrow, tilting his head to the side. "We are? How do you know?"

"Becaauuse...I almost always trip from this rock, and when I do, we get home in less than five minutes." He explained while bending down again to feel the rock he just tripped from. "It's this one, there is no mistake." He chuckled.

Ruby and I blinked twice, remaining silent. It was a really weird fun fact. But whatever. As long as we're almost there.

Surprisingly, we do get home in under five minutes. Exactly as Cyan predicted, and Ruby and I wait as he unlocked the house. Then I wait a little longer until he unlocked the shed.

"I'm sorry for the wait. If you need anything, I will be inside the house. You have full permission to enter my room if needed." Cyan explained, then did a tiny bow. He put his keys in a specific order and walked away.

Finally, I can take off these cursed wet socks!

I toss the boots on the floor and break free from these socks. I grab a towel and dry my feet. I also strip down, and just collapse on the bed to rest for a bit. I stay there for at least an hour or two, dozing off now and then. Until someone slides the door to the shed open, and I quickly peek my head up to see who ut is.

It was Ruby, he stood by the door for a good thirdy seconds. He eyed me up and down. Which makes me blush for like the third time today and I aggressively sign "What?!"

Ruby pouted. "You haven't showered! Cyan is making dinner, we would appreciate if you were clean and spotless."

I sigh, it must be a Hytopian thing to be clean all the time. Guess I'll have to do it their way for now. Its okay...I'll get used to it after a few weeks. But right now it's a bit tedious.

I nod and stand up from the bed to put on the dirty tunic, and a clean outfit to change into after showering.

[Author's Note!

Hellouuu! I finally update this book XD

Sorry it's such a short chapter...I'll try to make the next one longer!

Wuv you, thanks for reading <33 ]