Margoma

Olive's Point of View

"The Language of Hytopia in your Hands, Count in Hytopian, Basic Phrases in Sign Language, Sign Language Dictionary."

Several books about this kingdom's version of sign language were taken out of their shelves by no other than Ruby. He mentioned their titles as he set each and every one of them on the table in alphabetical order. Wow, this guy sure likes to keep everything neat and tidy in his bedroom. I reached out an arm to pick one of the texts and examine it.

Geez....I have to learn all this as soon as I can...and I'm no good at studying, my traits are more under the lines of stabbing, hiking, collecting ruppees, and did I mention stabbing? Not only am I bad at memorizing information, but also at fashion. For sleeping, I only wear a rugged, but comfortable blouse. Somehow, me wearing that offends the unusually anxious hero in front of me.

When he turned around to recommend me the books, he let out the sharpest of gasps and stepped back, shielding his eyes from my sleeping rags. "OLIVE. WHAT ARE YOU WEARIIING?! No! Don't you dare get near me with that HORRIBLE shirt!"

"..." I raised an eyebrow and tilted my head to the side, with a look that expressed confusion. I swear, Hytopian culture is weird at times.

"Good morning, friends." Cyan stepped into the room with a tray that carried a tea set. It is astonishing how early he is able to wake up, heck, he's in his blue colored hero's tunic already. "Fancy some tea?" He smiled at the two of us.

I notice that Ruby was still covering his face, rolling my eyes, I force the scaredy cat's hands off of his eyes and point at Cyan. Whom laid the tray down on the bedside table to serve the lavender tea. It had an aroma comparable to heaven.

"Oh, hi Cyan! You wont BELIEVE what Olive is wearing!! Who sleeps like that?!"

"Now, now...I'm certain it is not of a grave matter."

The red guy pulls me closer to Cyan out of nowhere, then makes him feel the texture of my blouse. It had a few holes that were covered with small patches, where a couple are slightky ripped off.

In the limited days that I have been staying in this home, never have I seen Cyan's eyes open so widely.

A chill went down his spine, making him shudder even though it's not cold outside.

"Brr...R-Ruby, we should understand that our friend here came from far away, and he couldn't possibly have stuffed his traveling bag with only clothes, he needed provisions."

I grin and nod as Cyan mildly scolded the guy in magenta.

Ruby pouted and crossed his arms, huffing while sitting on his bed to grab a cup of tea.

"...As for you, Olive, if you wish to stay here in Hytopia until we rescue the princess, you should learn about our customs in the meantime. It's merely to please the king, though. Wouldn't you want a proper recognition?"

I gulp and look away, feeling slightly ashamed of my ignorance. Slowly, I nod.

"...I'm guessing you agreed."

"Guess what this means!" Ruby blurred out while making fast movements with his hands and fingers. Then took another sip of the tea.

"......" With I solemn face, in Hylian sign language, I say "You're an idiot."

"It means 'Let's get going on an adventure already'! P-Princess Styla might get angry if we take too long to rescue her..."

As much as I dont want to agree with the person I least like in the room, I nod. Perhaps even my princess would get upset at the her friend's lengthy peril.