Chapter 13

(Back to my point of view)
I'm anxiously waiting behind the stage waiting for Brandon's appearance. The boys are just walking around, fixing their earpieces, taking deep breaths. I can tell they're nervous.

"Yo. Brandon has the strongest voice in the group. We need him. We won't sound as good without him. Oh my godddd." Austin says freaking out.

"He literally gives us that sound you know? Like without him, we aint shit." Nick says.

"Noooo, don't say that guys! Yall are just as powerful without him! Yeah sure, he makes it all sound great when every voice is put together, but you all have your own unique, beautiful voices. If he doesn't make it, don't worry! You guys can still put on this show! You guys kill it every time!" I tell them.

"I mean yeah I guess so. Me and Nick do the high notes. And then Austin gives us those nice, low background vocals. And Brandon and Zion are our mid tone, verses... oh man but then... wait... who's gonna sing Brandons parts???!!" Edwin starts freaking out.

"I can do it!" Zion says.

"No you can't bro! That's extra work for you!" Nick says.

"It's fine! I got it!" Zion says.

They all start arguing. I honestly think it's just their nerves.

"You guys... you guys... guys stop figh..." I try and get their attention but they continue to argue. I give up and I was to where the dressing rooms are.

I run into Brandon. My heart starts beating so fast. "BRANDON! YOU MADE IT! OH MY GOD I WAS SO WORRIED!!" I tell him. I hug him and he hugs back. A big smile lit up on his face.

"I know, I know! Thank god." He acts like he's about to run off without even telling me what happened.

"Umm.. B?" I say.

He stops walking and turns to me

"Look.. I..." Before he can speak, we hear the DJ talking to the crowd, "Alright yall, it's time for some PRETTYMUCH!" That's their que to get on stage.

Brandon lets out a sigh. "Look i'll tell you later, after the show." He says to me. He puts his hands on my shoulders. I try to lean in for a kiss but he tries to reject it. "I gotta go Jade!" He says. He runs off.

"Good luck!" I say, unwillingly. Wow. That was unexpected. I wonder what happened while he was gone. Whatever it is, I just hope it's not bad.

I walk back to where the stage. The boys all hug Brandon and everyone is calm now.

Their intro starts playing on the screen.

"Alright boys... 1, 2, 3 let's go!" A crew member says.

They all huddle up on the stairs. "Teacher" starts playing and they all start harmonizing and run out to the stage. The thing I always wanted to hear live. Their songs live were so beautiful. I literally cried almost the whole time watching them back stage. It was great. Something every fan deserves to hear live.

They get done with their last song, say their good byes and run off the stage. They all give the crew members a high five and everyone claps and cheers. They all run to the dressing room and I follow.

"See! I told yall everything would turn out just fine!" I tell them.

They all smile and say "yeah".

"Bro, what happened though? You good?" Zion asks Brandon.

"Yeah. It's just. A lot happened. I'd just rather not talk about it. All I know is, now, I gotta get on another plane back to LA. Charlotte has my phone."