Bronte

Okay guys, brace yourselves this chapter is going to be weird. I needed an excuse to add my favorite councillor buddy.

Yet another unrelated title pic... Eh, whatever.

...

CHAPTER 7

(Previously: "Ah, Sophie. I was hoping to talk to you." Said Alden.)

"About what?" I asked.

"Oh, it's no reason to worry. It regards your enrollment in Foxfire." He said.

"I'm gonna go. See ya Sophie." Said Dex, walking out of the front door.

"Bye Dex." I turned to Mr. Alden "Um, OK. Do you want to talk here, or..?"

"Here is fine. Mr. Bronte will be here in a minute." He said.

"Mr. Bronte?" I asked.

"Yes. He is a member of the school board."

I felt the blood drain from my face. Edaline walked into the room.

"Hi Alden. Sophie, what's wrong? You look a little pale."

"I promise, its nothing to worry about. Bronte just wants to make sure that you belong at Foxfire." Said Mr. Alden.

"Oh honey, it'll be OK. He's only here because you didn't take the entrance exam." Said Edaline.

"Wait, you knew this was going to happen?" I asked.

"Yes. I should have brought it up sooner, but I kept forgetting." She said. "I'm so sorry."

"It's okay. What's going to happen?" I asked.

"Well-"

A knock on the door.

Edaline opened the door to reveal a tall man. He was middle aged and rather severe looking.

"Hello. You must be Sophie." He said, looking at me with disdain.

"Yes sir." I said.

"Nice to meet you." He said.

"Um, please, follow me to the living room." Said Edaline. "Would you like something to drink?" She asked.

"No, thank you. This shouldn't take long." He said.

He sat in a chair. Alden took another chair and Edaline and I claimed the couch. Edaline grabbed my hand.

"All I want to do is ask you a few questions."

It started out easy. Name, age, birthday, birthplace, etc. It got harder as the questions went on. What do you want to be when you grow up? How well do you work with others? He wrote everything down, and at the end he turned to me.

"I'm sorry if that seemed a little strange and sudden. Those were the questions everyone answered on the entrance exam. I think that, if you do well on midterms, you can definitely stay." Bronte said.

"Thank you, sir." I said.

"Of course. Good day ma'am. Thank you for your hospitality." He said to Edaline.

He nodded goodbye, then walked out of the front door.

"You did great, Sophie! I'm going back to the house, if you want to come. Biana has been dying to see you. In fact, if it's okay with Grady and Edaline, you could spend the night." said Alden.

"That's a wonderful idea!" Said Edaline. "It's so good that Sophie has such great friends."

"Really? I can go? Thank you!" I said.

Edaline smiled at me.

"I'll miss you. Have fun. Go pack up, then go say goodbye to Grady. He's in the kitchen."

I ran upstairs, packed pajamas and a change of clothes, then ran downstairs. I put my bag down, then walked into the kitchen.

"Bye Grady. I'm going to a sleepover at Biana's house." I said, hugging him.

"Bye Sophie. Be careful. Call if you need anything. Don't talk to strangers. Don't pet wild animals. Don't -"

"I'll be careful. I promise." I said laughing.

I walked into the living room where Alden was waiting. I picked Iggy up off of the sofa.

"Do you mind if I bring Iggy?" I asked.

Alden smiled.

"Not at all." He said.

He led me to his car and opened the door for me. We drove in silence, with only the sound of Iggy meowing to fill the car.

When we got to his house (more of a mansion) Biana was waiting for me.

 "Sophieeeeeeee! I've been waiting forever! This is gonna be so much fun!" she squealed.

And with that I was dragged into the house.

...

Yay! Sleepover! Let the games begin. I'm gonna do everything! Truth or dare, makeovers, the more cliché the better. Keefe is gonna be there too.

Bwa ha ha ha ha ha!

I'm sorry again about the random weirdness with Bronte.

There will be Sokeefe fluff in the next chapter.

I am going to sleep now.