pills

it's been a month since she left. nothing has changed really except the fact that i want to kill myself a little more now. i'm scrolling on instagram when i see her latest post. she's smiling; glowing with a sparkle in her eye. in the comment section a guy is commenting tons of hearts. i decide to call her. the phone rings four times before she answers.

"what?" her voice is filled with malice.

"i need you back. i thought we would last forever." i mumble.

"yoongi, you cheated. you had your dick in another girl, in my bed while i was gone on a family trip. not even a fun trip, yoongi, my great grandfather died." her voice cracks a bit as i reply.

"you never told me. you never talked to me."

"what did you want me to say? i didn't know how to approach you in fear of setting you off!"

"i fixed that! i'm on medication now. i've been working so much to try and be better for you." it's a lie. i've been taking zoloft to make me less suicidal because my therapist is worried i'm going to jump out a window at any given moment. i'm taking xanax to help me sleep because despite what many may think, depression keeps me up all night.

"you've been saying you're trying for months. i can't handle you anymore! i don't love you, yoongi. and you cheated on me so frankly i don't care if i ever see you again. i hate you." with that she clicks the red button on her phone and the call ends. i sit and listen to the dial tone until my phone closes the call. i sigh and toss it to the coffee table, picking up my medication and pouring a few into the palm of my hand. i knock them back and stare at the ceiling, hoping i'll fly away.

~~

Please vote and comment.